Fifth time Drunk Driver kills pensioner- Ten Years

This idiot killed a eighty eight year old lady crossing the road and got Ten Years.

A Twenty Four year old with four previous drink drive convictions should never have been allowed to drive.

Read about it here.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/nottinghamshire/8131174.stm

Sadly I suspect he would still have been driving at the time even if he didn't have a license. I don't think he'd have been in any state to worry about being done for driving without one.

Sadly I suspect he would still have been driving at the time even if he didn't have a license. I don't think he'd have been in any state to worry about being done for driving without one.

I agree fully. Unfortunately some people never learn and just a Ban would probably have been ignored within a few months at best. My sympathies are with the family and the old lady who was killed.

Jailed for 10 years and banned from driving for 10 years.

When does the driving ban start?

Scumbags like that are either incurable or not worth the expense of trying to cure.

Jailed for 10 years and banned from driving for 10 years.

When does the driving ban start?

Scumbags like that are either incurable or not worth the expense of trying to cure.
I could be wrong here, but someone once said to me when commenting on a similar case, that for cases such as this the driving ban comes into effect when one 'resumes ones civil liberties' i.e. when you are released from prison.

I must say though that I don't know the validity of that comment.

I could be wrong here, but someone once said to me when commenting on a similar case, that for cases such as this the driving ban comes into effect when one 'resumes ones civil liberties' i.e. when you are released from prison.

I must say though that I don't know the validity of that comment.

I hope it is like that. Not much point in banning people who have no access to cars (probably just a matter of time until the lags get given cars for home leave).

There's no real point in the 10-year driving ban.Do you think that given he's driven drunk (and been caught) on three previous occasions a ban would prevent him from driving?

The guy that used to have the garage next to mine had 5 drink drive convictions,several of them for driving drunk whilst still banned, all he got each time was another ban and a fine.

The thing is with guys like him, while he is in Butlins Minehead, sorry, Prison, he will get used to life inside, and then find his offence funny most likely. If he has 5 bans allready, he obviously has no regards whatsoever for a human life, so he should be treated the same. Head, bullet, trigger, BANG, problem solved:bat:

The thing is with guys like him, while he is in Butlins Minehead, sorry, Prison, he will get used to life inside, and then find his offence funny most likely. If he has 5 bans allready, he obviously has no regards whatsoever for a human life, so he should be treated the same. Head, bullet, trigger, BANG, problem solved:bat:

I was wondering what your avatar was for....now I know :LOL:

10 years is nowhere near enough.

He shouldn't be up for "death by driving without due care while under the influence of alcohol." - he should be tried for Murder !

With 4 previous convictions he has obviously made the decision he doesn't care about other people at all - sooner or later something like this was bound to happen.

10 years is nowhere near enough.

He shouldn't be up for "death by driving without due care while under the influence of alcohol." - he should be tried for Murder !

With 4 previous convictions he has obviously made the decision he doesn't care about other people at all - sooner or later something like this was bound to happen.

Manslaughter would be more appropriate, you can still get life for it. I bet he is out in five. Don't you just love the British legal system!!

I think a 10 year sentence is sufficient, if it's served in an Eastern European prison , if it costs 40k a year to keep a prisoner like this in a UK jail i'd happily pay my taxes to see them put in a tough foreign prison

Human rights I hear you say, people like this give up their human rights the second they get behind the wheel after drinking, the sooner the law is changed to stop people like this having human rights laws to protect them the better

Human rights I hear you say, people like this give up their human rights the second they get behind the wheel after drinking, the sooner the law is changed to stop people like this having human rights laws to protect them the better

:agree:

Anyone who deprives another of their human rights should automatically lose all but the most basic ones (eg, the right to a fair trial) themselves.

:agree:

Anyone who deprives another of their human rights should automatically lose all but the most basic ones (eg, the right to a fair trial) themselves.

Agreed completely !

[S1]Flash In The Pan for president [/S1]

Manslaughter would be more appropriate, you can still get life for it. I bet he is out in five. Don't you just love the British legal system!!

But we should be able to argue that in his case it was inevitable it would happen, sooner or later driving around drunk you will kill someone... He knew that.

True enough - human rights should be applied to those who act humanely, not to scumbags who have no sense of civic responsibility...

I like the idea of outsourcing jail-time though - since we have so many call-centres in the Indian sub-continent couldn't we send to$$ers like this to jails in Mumbai also?

Should have been banned from driving forever after his 3rd offence and as that did not happen 10 years is only half of what he should have got,what he did was little short of murder

I like the idea of outsourcing jail-time though - since we have so many call-centres in the Indian sub-continent couldn't we send to$$ers like this to jails in Mumbai also?

Now that is a good idea and but why not make it somewhere like Somalia or Algeria - I think the crime rate would drop quite drastically and doing some time wouldn't be seen as 'badge of honour' as it is at the moment.

Oh for a Home Secretary with the will and resolve to toughen up our pathetically lenient system. This scum should have been banged up long before he had the chance to kill :bang:

They should stick him in an American prison and let Bubba have him for his Bitch! Pick up the soap there boy!

Ronnie Biggs :shrug:

Generally speaking 10 years will mean he will serve 2/3rds provided he gets parole. The remainder will be on licence, any further offences os a serious nature he could be recalled to serve out the remainder plus sentence for new offence.

Butlins? No its not. The loss of liberty, the loss of the ability to have any control over your life is a huge punishment. Prisoners come out saying its cushy etc etc but the reality its appalling.

Ex Screw

Back