Film Challenge 32 - One for the Road! Discussion Thread

Jao

Name
Adrian
Edit My Images
Yes
This is the discussion thread for Film Challenge 32 One for the Road!

Post your entries here: http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/film-challenge-32-one-for-the-road-entries-thread.541877/

In the last challenge Nick set us all a technical and creative task with his theme of Blur/Movement, in this challenge we need to think creatively and if you so wish, out of the box!

‘One for the Road’ tends to have a common interpretation but as someone who rarely has an alcoholic drink (strange but true) I will be thinking more widely.

Interpret the theme as creatively as possible and enter a shot that gives us all an insight into the deepest recesses of your mind!

So marshal all your creative ability, consult your muse of choice, or just come up with really a good idea!

Most importantly have fun using the wonderful film kit of which we in the F&C forum are the current custodians.

The standard rules apply; the image has to be taken/made on any format of film and needs to have been taken during the period that this challenge is open.

The challenge will run from today the 10th May until Sunday the 15th June

Go out and create, go out and shoot film!

Last edited:
Excellent challenge, I'm looking forward to this one.

I won't take any photos though as I'll be to busy "researching" the theme ;)

Reactions: Jao
Excellent challenge, I'm looking forward to this one.

I won't take any photos though as I'll be to busy "researching" the theme ;)

Yes, I did wonder whether this would be a challenge that encouraged high levels of pre-shooting research:)

Mmmm, research, good thinking Dean, I shall begin immediately....:beer:I like the idea of this one Adrian, off to Scotland in a couple of weeks so maybe some ideas in that.

Well I have an idea but the problem is finding the subject for my idea :D

Well the weather in Leeds, where I am this weekend, is pretty wet but I have taken a couple of experimental 'One for the road' shots.

Well @NickT has started the entries with a really excellent take on 'One for the road'. I am guessing there might have been a bit too much research amongst others :naughty:

If people are happy we could extend by a week to allow for sobering up shooting?

I have an idea for my shot but haven't had either the time or the opportunity to set it up. :(

Does that sound convincing or should I admit to being a lazy arse?

I have a few from Scotland last week but I'm still scanning them in, an extension would be appreciated. (y)

I'm just heading out in Edinburgh now to search for my shot, I may have more than one for the road will that still be admissible?

You reminded me that I did take some shots with this in mind...

What about another week, close it on the 15th June?

What do people think?

That'd be great for me as mine's a colour shot so I'll need to send it away for developing. :)

OK let's go for the extra week, challenge will end on the 15th June

I'm away again this weekend and I haven't got the films off to be developed yet anyway so I'm out. I'll post my intended pic in the "Show Us" thread when I get them done. :(

It's not looking like I'll get my films dev'd and scanned in time now, I might get then done tomorrow but don't hold up the challenge for me, sorry folks.

I'm also out. I've singularly failed to take anything in the last few weeks.

Probably going to be ok, just need to run through the Scotland shots, hopefully have one later tonight.

I might be able to add something from my Le Mans output - should be all developed and scanned by tomorrow morning

M

Got mine in! A bit of a tenuous link but that's what we do best.

Last Call

Poll will go up tomorrow

I have one ready but I won't be able to post it till this evening, can we hang on till after 7pm for the poll...please....

Phew, made it! I can't say I'm proud of it but it's a shot vaguely connected to the theme and it's in before the poll :D

In case anyone's wondering, uncropped test shot from my new 'blad using the 150mm f/4 lens as that's the only one I have, shot on Fuji Neopan 400 that was in one of the backs when I received it, stand developed in 1:100 APH-09 (Rodinal) using Mr. Hooley's trusted method of whack it in there and leave for an hour :)

OK Folks, I'll get the poll up tonight! Some great entries so get voting when the poll appears

48 hours left to vote so get on and vote if you haven't yet!

We have a draw!

@excalibur2 and @Threeracers, congratulations to you both. I think the last time there was a draw the joint winners set the next challenge together!

Over to you chaps!

Well thanks to the members who liked my shot....but I propose a mod (Mark?) pops over and decides a winner when there is a draw.

Well done both, two cracking shots.

Thanks all.

Happy for Brians suggestion for Mark to pick a winner if that's the way everyone would like to do a draw.

Hi Mark, @The Big Yin , are you able to do the honours on this and be our casting vote?

Thanks all.

Happy for Brians suggestion for Mark to pick a winner if that's the way everyone would like to do a draw.
We should just ask Roberts to fetch the duelling pistols.

I'm afraid that the pistols are now in the possession of the Imperial War Museum. It's back to slapping each other with a wet fish I'm afraid. :sulk:

Has anybody picked a winner yet?

Has anybody picked a winner yet?

Looks like Mark hasn't read this thread, needs someone independent to email a mod? OR in draws, the poll goes up again for the two shots for a decider OR I don't mind coming 2nd (or even last) as I'm used to not winning anything ;)

Last edited:
I have PM'd Mark to see if he can assist

Back