Film Photo Challenge Discussion 11 - RESULTS ADDED

Interesting subject! The F&C knack of shoe-horning photos into a theme should give some interesting shots. I need to think about mine...

Both Entries and discussion threads stickied Danny - and nice topic BTW...(y)

Wow, they don't come much more open-ended than this! (y)

Excellent choice! :)

Great subject! I've missed the previous challenges through not being on the forum but I reckon I've no excuse not to get an entry in this time. :)

Really glad the feedback so far is good, I really hope everyone enjoys working towards their entry photograph. Sorry it took a little while for me to set it up guys and gals

Sounds good to me. I'm off to set up the tripod for some self-portraits.

...not. But I do like the topic.

Good subject. Hope to enter my first challenge.

I've submitted my entry.

Your comments are most welcome. Shot at Mon'rose near Aberdeen using my 1976 make Mamiya Lux 35mm (as below) which has a 48mm f 2.8. Used Fuji 400 Xtra.

IMG_01911.jpg

Sorry fi I am being a bit thick. Are there any rules on PP at all?

IIRC it should be restricted to basic tweaking of contrast etc and cropping.

I'd probably express it as "nothing you couldn't/wouldn't do in the darkroom", but that's pretty much just my whole way of working on film :shrug:

I couldn't decide which image to put up so in the end settled for one I really like that's been posted previously. I've taken a few others with this challenge in mind but the results aren't exactly what I was after. I'm still taking shots though so I'd be happy to swap it out nearer the deadline, assuming that I get something I prefer!

Just a reminder folks - entried close tomorrow night @ 23:59...

Hope you've either got todays film booked in for a 1hour service or you'r home souping 'em (y)

(oh dammit - that's another one I'll not be getting anything in for :(

I really do need to have a word with myself and get out shooting more.)

Just a reminder folks - entried close tomorrow night @ 23:59...

Hope you've either got todays film booked in for a 1hour service or you'r home souping 'em (y)

(oh dammit - that's another one I'll not be getting anything in for :(

I really do need to have a word with myself and get out shooting more.)

My roll's hanging in the bathroom now, just hope it's got time to dry and I stay awake long enough to scan...

Right - Poll Added to the Images thread - it's a multiple vote poll - vote for all your favoured images. Poll closes in 7 days time, good luck everyone and well done to everyone who managed to enter this month.

Oops - forgot to look in and see how the poll was going - it's closed now, and it looks like :1st: This Months Winning entry was made at the last few hours by offline

ing313.jpg

:clap::clap::clap: Congratulations - now it's over to you to think up the next challenge, and start up the threads for challenge 12

Well done to everyone who managed to get a shot in, and to anyone who took the time to vote.

Congrats offline! Lets get another theme ASAP so I can submit another terrible photo! :)

:LOL: - you may think they're terrible, but they're 100% better than no photo at all - which has pretty much been MY entry for these challenges this year! Sad to say, I've spent most of my personal shooting time on work for the POTY this year, to no great success :( I did like your Dungeness Lighthouse this month Jim - so you know where one of your votes came from at least ;)

:LOL: - you may think they're terrible, but they're 100% better than no photo at all - which has pretty much been MY entry for these challenges this year! Sad to say, I've spent most of my personal shooting time on work for the POTY this year, to no great success :( I did like your Dungeness Lighthouse this month Jim - so you know where one of your votes came from at least ;)

Thanks Mark. I tried to shoot within the brief unlike a lot of the shots which use a lot of 'artistic interpretation'. I loved your shot too, very original!

cheers Jim - I just wish I'd had the time to shoot it on Film rather than the Dijikal, but by the time I'd finished faffing getting the lighting right etc. it was gone midnight, and as my "pop up studio set" was actually on the bed, I thought it prudent to tear down rather than popping a roll of something grainy into the Bronica :LOL:

cheers Jim - I just wish I'd had the time to shoot it on Film rather than the Dijikal, but by the time I'd finished faffing getting the lighting right etc. it was gone midnight, and as my "pop up studio set" was actually on the bed, I thought it prudent to tear down rather than popping a roll of something grainy into the Bronica :LOL:

That I can understand! Bed is very important. I still have a roll of 120 in the lubi that has not even had a frame shot that I was going to use for this challenge.

Congratulations Offline, let's get another challenge up and running before everybody gets too busy with the annual over-indulgence.

:clap::clap::clap: Congratulations - now it's over to you to think up the next challenge, and start up the threads for challenge 12

Well done to everyone who managed to get a shot in, and to anyone who took the time to vote.

Thanks BigYin & all and thanks to all who voted for me. It makes stumbling around in the wet undergrowth worth it.

I have a theme ready to go later this evening after I've got the kids sorted and found a few minutes to set up the threads. Off to swimming lessons now!

Back