Film Photographer of the year 2023, Discussion Thread

My Feb is in, another double take one with film and the other digital in the digi thread.
You’re too flippin’ organised for me ….. I can’t cope with organisation [Heads off in a desperate search to locate all his LF gear scattered everywhere!] :ROFLMAO:

Here’s praying that the negative from this afternoons outing is going to cut it for an entry this month

Not just cos I want have an image to post for this month but also cos I had do do my classic illegal access to property again which I really do not want to risk doing again………an area that is strictly prohibited to joe public ( with very good reason tbh but what the ´eck , life’s full of risks) !!!:runaway:

If I hear a knock on the door :police::police: , I ain’t answering it !:exit::LOL:

Entry is in ! :)

Every time I look at it , I realise how darned close I was to the train

My plan was to use the long ( several meters) bulb shutter release and locate myself well away from the camera and train lines but the end that affixes to the shutter release was too bulky to attain a correct attachment.
Hence I used a standard cable release.

No wonder the train driver blasted his hooter ….. I don’t think he was overly impressed at my presence! :LOL:

My plan was to use the long ( several meters) bulb shutter release and locate myself well away from the camera and train lines but the end that affixes to the shutter release was too bulky to attain a correct attachment.

No wonder the train driver blasted his hooter ….. I don’t think he was overly impressed at my presence! :LOL:

Don't worry, large format cameras are famously resistant to rapid airflow. :D

Don't worry, large format cameras are famously resistant to rapid airflow. :D

Could have just hidden behind it :ROFLMAO:

February voting is open

The March thread is open

For the first time in many years I got my act together and shot several themes for this year on one roll. I've just processed it and it seems that my chemcials are knackered and I've just got a blank neg. I doubt I have time to get a shot in for this month now having spent quite a long time on symmetrical, whether I'll get motivated for the rest of the year I don't know now.

For the first time in many years I got my act together and shot several themes for this year on one roll. I've just processed it and it seems that my chemcials are knackered and I've just got a blank neg. I doubt I have time to get a shot in for this month now having spent quite a long time on symmetrical, whether I'll get motivated for the rest of the year I don't know now.
Dont dismay Chris.
The best made plans usually go bottoms up, t’is why I just wing it now …. Everything gets Wung! :ROFLMAO:

As you have LF kit, can’t you go down that avenue to capture just the one exposure for this month?

Afterwards you will be back on track for April and beyond ;)

Dont dismay Chris.
The best made plans usually go bottoms up, t’is why I just wing it now …. Everything gets Wung! :ROFLMAO:

As you have LF kit, can’t you go down that avenue to capture just the one exposure for this month?

Afterwards you will be back on track for April and beyond ;)
:agree:

On the plus side, your blank negative might get more votes than my actual photo entry this month :ROFLMAO:

On the plus side, your blank negative might get more votes than my actual photo entry this month :ROFLMAO:
Last year I entered a 4x5 that had light leaks on it, can't remember the theme but it seemed appropriate, that didn't get many votes :)

I wouldn't take it seriously, there is no rhyme or reason to the voting. Some months there is an obvious and outstanding photo ... say there are 15 voters, after folk have voted for their mate and themselves* they still have a vote left so the obvious pick should get close to (allowing for the blind and insane )15 votes . Yet some people will only cast 2 of three votes and not vote for the outstanding choice :thinking:

* lord only knows who would do such a thing but there we are

Last year I entered a 4x5 that had light leaks on it, can't remember the theme but it seemed appropriate, that didn't get many votes :)

I wouldn't take it seriously, there is no rhyme or reason to the voting. Some months there is an obvious and outstanding photo ... say there are 15 voters, after folk have voted for their mate and themselves* they still have a vote left so the obvious pick should get close to (allowing for the blind and insane )15 votes . Yet some people will only cast 2 of three votes and not vote for the outstanding choice :thinking:

* lord only knows who would do such a thing but there we are

:ROFLMAO: I don't take it seriously :) It's all good fun.

The most interesting thing is that being a mainly digital photographer and an occasional film photographer, I'm actually doing better in the FPOTY.

I'm not sure what to make of that :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I'm out and about most of the day and evening tomorrow so it may be Sunday before I add this month's poll

You lucky people! I've carved out a bit of time to open the voting.

The April thread is available for entries

April voting is open for 7 days

April voting is open for 7 days

You know what.....?

That was a difficult favourite 3 to pick this month!!

Well done everyone :)

I've shot a roll of film for this month ("Urban") on my Rolleiflex Baby 4x4, the first film I've put through it. As all my dev kit is packed away at present I've had to send it off to Nik and Trick's for dev & scan, hoping it'll be back before the end of the month.

I've shot a roll of film for this month ("Urban") on my Rolleiflex Baby 4x4, the first film I've put through it. As all my dev kit is packed away at present I've had to send it off to Nik and Trick's for dev & scan, hoping it'll be back before the end of the month.
You are doing better than me, I need to get my finger out.

I shot a whole film off on my Rolleiflex Baby 4x4, but my dev tank was packed so I had to send the 127 film off to Nik and Trick for dev/scan. It hasn't arrived back yet, and I was aiming to post something from it for May. It'll probably arrive back tomorrow.

That's a shame Lindsay, hopefully something you can use next month.

May voting is open for 7 days

Back