First Attempt At Football

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
Yes
Yesterday was my first attempt at football photography. I have only had my dslr for a week and yesterday was my first real attempt at any 'serious' photography.

I started of in between the corner flag and goal but due to a lack of action and i moved to the side of pitch about 25 yards out from goal.

I found it a lot harder than I expected a mainly got backs and bums. Here are a few of my favourites.

Any c and c welcome

Great set for a first attempt!

#2 is the closest to defined action, the problem i feel with these shots is that there is no context, football is often about what is happening elsewhere around and about the ball itself and i think you have cropped to tight and therefore loose that. Try to paint a wider picture, seeing other players looking and moving towards or away from the ball gives a deeper understanding of what is going on at that particular (frozen) time. I hope that make some sense.
Every shot seems to be technically very good. Well done.

#2 is the closest to defined action, the problem i feel with these shots is that there is no context, football is often about what is happening elsewhere around and about the ball itself and i think you have cropped to tight and therefore loose that. Try to paint a wider picture, seeing other players looking and moving towards or away from the ball gives a deeper understanding of what is going on at that particular (frozen) time. I hope that make some sense.
Every shot seems to be technically very good. Well done.

Thanks for your comments. I was caught in two minds really. I have read in places that it is better to crop tight and other places say something similar to what you have said.

As I said it was my first attempt at I cant believe how much I learnt in that 90 mins. I know that I will be able to do much better when I have another go in a couple of weeks.

LOL. The guy in orange in the 1st pic looks more interested in the photographer than the game itself. :LOL:

LOL. The guy in orange in the 1st pic looks more interested in the photographer than the game itself. :LOL:

The keeper ain't the most athletic looking player I've ever seen! :LOL:

Back