First attempt at the Brenizer Method

I absolutely love this! I've just been reading about this guy and looking at some of his stuff and these both nail it for me. I'd say I probably prefer #1 I think as there's more going on with the background which adds to the effect.

How many images did you use to get this? Was it handheld?

I was quite impressed with the results myself for a first attempt. I expected a car crash first go.
Both photos are around 45 images stitched together then cropped, just a slight bit of tweaking in lightroom but apart from that, what you see is straight out of camera. I shot handheld, using a 5D Mark II, with an 85mm at f1.8.

I'm sure I can improve on these once I get the hang of it.

I think these would make for very interesting wedding portraits, I may start using this technique to create some wedding photo's

cheers

Ok so maybe im missing something here or is this just photomerge lol
I mean come on, the brenizer method! I watched the video clip, made my assessment and my opinion is this guy is a tool.
He has taken a utility designed by adobe, used it, as it should be used. And then has the cheek to call it his own! So what, he composites series of shots at the same aperture, same focus lock, same shutter speed!?! Who said photo merge has to be for panoramic images, I've done this square merge before maybe i should take the hue/saturation tool, desaturate an image then call it the Davies method!

I mean come on, the brenizer method! I watched the video clip, made my assessment and my opinion is this guy is a tool.
He has taken a utility designed by adobe, used it, as it should be used. And then has the cheek to call it his own! So what, he composites series of shots at the same aperture, same focus lock, same shutter speed!?! Who said photo merge has to be for panoramic images, I've done this square merge before maybe i should take the hue/saturation tool, desaturate an image then call it the Davies method!

Just to clarify, I haven't used the photomerge option in Ps as I don;t think it works very well at all with this type of image.
As for Ryan Brenizer being a 'tool', I suspect he's had slightly more success in the world of photography than you Simon. Correct me if i'm wrong of course. (y)

He is the first to admit it is not his idea,
he didn't name it.
You need to read more.

Not a bad attempt ginsters ,like the last one the best
I think you are shooting too many shots though,
you would get the same effect with 9 or 12 shots.

Ginsters said:
Just to clarify, I haven't used the photomerge option in Ps as I don;t think it works very well at all with this type of image.
As for Ryan Brenizer being a 'tool', I suspect he's had slightly more success in the world of photography than you Simon. Correct me if i'm wrong of course. (y)

Well, when you consider that im only an amateur, with no plans in the foreseeable future to become professional then any professional photographer has had 100% more success than me lol
Doesn't change my opinion though.
In the video he said something about coming up with the idea when on holidays in Ireland, therefore in my eyes he has claimed it as his own

That's really cool, it's not something that I've ever head of before but having looked up about it it looks like a great thing to have a go at and I think that I will be having a go at it soon (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

I have yet to try this out but have not found a decent guide/walkthrough on it yet.

Idea sounds interesting, must be a nightmare with weddings though, how do you get people to stand still enough for several shots for stitching?

Really like this effect and No1 really is a great example of this technique (y)

Must give this a go, really does make the subject 'POP'

Thanks for sharing Ian :clap:

just what is the Breznier method? Some context with the pics would help

Back