Studio First attempt in the studio

Name
Phil
Edit My Images
No
Here are a few images from my very first studio shoot. Not as good as many on here, but you gotta start somewhere eh?
C&C welcome.

Thanks for looking.

Phil

I'd like to see them as embedded images to compare, but they look very good to me as a starting point; in fact, they are much, much better than my first attempts.

Thanks for your comments. I'm not sure how to post them as embedded images. Still finding my way around this site.
:banghead:

Nice job, Phil. I think the first one is your strongest regards to lighting and composition. Well done! :)

Hi Phil,

! and 2 are very good, not just for a first attempt, very good full stop. However for me the very dark shadow under her right eye in the third one makes it not so good. I think there are two reasons for this, firstly, she is a beautiful young lady with excellent skin and the shadow really detracts from the look of it, secondly, we in the western world read from left to right and as the dark shadow is on the right hand side of her face, the left hand side as we look at it, it acts as a psychological block to our eyes as they scan the photograph.

Back