First attempt with a 10 stop

Name
Marc
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey guys any comments or suggestions welcome...
9537604313_14a5f1a16b_b.jpg

9540391656_db6101cdb9_b.jpg

Cheers :)
Changes to add a couple more;
9540626726_757c1f334a_b.jpg

9540527546_133ba7314b_b.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Marc,

I really like no/2 :D

For me the water is tooooooo smooth in no/1 :-/ might be me but its so smooth its no longer interesting or water like if u get my meaning?

I like the idea of the composition though the wall really leads you into the frame :D

But I do think the composition of no/2 is spot on :D

Ben

Marc,
Welcome to a love hate relationship with your 10 stop :)

In the second image the composition you have gone for might worked better at normal shutter speeds as for me with the 10 stop the texture in the stream is not enough to hold the foreground interest.
I find It's very hard to pre-visualise the end result :)

However, I love top 2/3 of the second image (y)
Crop it just below the rocks in the stream and it's a shot I'd be really proud of.
For a first attempt with a 10 stop, that's superb :D

Last edited:
hi I have 10 stopper and you get a lot of color cast some work some don't try converting them into black and white bit of cropping and you might be shocked

hi I have 10 stopper and you get a lot of color cast some work some don't try converting them into black and white bit of cropping and you might be shocked

Sorry mate I have no idea what this means :s

Sorry mate I have no idea what this means :s

He means that cheaper 10-stop ND filters produce an unwanted tint in your shots. All your shots have a slight blue hue to them, known as a colour cast. Sometimes this works in your favour, but I think they detract from the shots in this case. The more expensive ND filters, such as B&W, Lee etc. do not have this. By converting to B&W you remove this issue and i personally think it lends itself much better to long exposure work.

Last edited:
He means that cheaper 10-stop ND filters produce an unwanted tint in your shots. All your shots have a slight blue hue to them, known as a colour cast. Sometimes this works in your favour, but I think they detract from the shots in this case. The more expensive ND filters, such as B&W, Lee etc. do not have this. By converting to B&W you remove this issue and i personally think it lends itself much better to long exposure work.

Cheers and cheers chalky will look into this

As Andy has said, shoot RAW and adjust white balance to suit.

In fairness even the big brands induce a colour cast.
When I had a B+W ND 10 stopper it produced a slight magenta cast, even the uber expensive Lee Big Stopper produces a slight colour cast.

To be honest the third picture down i added this contrast because i liked the look of it.

Marc it's not the contrast we are talking about, it's the blue cast to all the images that is probably caused by the filter. All you need to do in PP is adjust the white balance slider to remove some of the blue and warm it up. If you are happy with the colour balance you have got then you won't need to do anything as it's you the image has to please unless it's for a client or general sale.

Marc it's not the contrast we are talking about, it's the blue cast to all the images that is probably caused by the filter. All you need to do in PP is adjust the white balance slider to remove some of the blue and warm it up. If you are happy with the colour balance you have got then you won't need to do anything as it's you the image has to please unless it's for a client or general sale.

cheers will have a look in Lightroom

Back