1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Sir SR

Sir SR

Name:
    Shaheed
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
  2. mrtoad

mrtoad

Name:
    Geof
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    the joy of a digital camera is you can take a shot ....a la polaroid...then adjust the exposure in line with that
    as for dof it is consistent with aperture...so you will find you are using slow speeds or too high iso
    use a tripod
    and if you can focus manually and check the dof with the preview facility on your camera if there is one
    if you use auto focus...then its a bit hit and miss and you will need to lock the focus on the nearest object in your study then recompose
    hope that helps
    i have problems with close up shots as well..it aint easy being me!!
    cheers
    geof
  3. DevaFalc

DevaFalc

Name:
    Steve
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    It is difficult, what i found helped me a lot was to tether with pc and take multiple shots with different focus points. When I last played with macro (reverse extension tubes, so full manual only), i was using my old EOS 350D which didn't have onscreen preview and the viewfinder was very small and dark so i would tether to pc and take multiple shots, using the pc screen to decide if i needed adjusting.

Great shots and keep up the good work!
  4. petersmart

petersmart

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Definitely not a bad first attempt, in fact very good and the lens also looks a good one.

5. Sir SR

Sir SR

Name:
    Shaheed
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Thanks for the helpful tips!

I had another from the same day. As with everything, more practice!

[​IMG]
    DSC_0016-5 by Sir SR, on Flickr