First dance.

Edit My Images
No
Simon Revill was kind enough to let me second shoot for him over the weekend. I've not processed the images yet apart from this one.

Cheers.

Dav

dance.jpg

:notworthy:

IMHO

Regards MD...;)

" And you dont like your system :nuts:"

Great composition. Wish my laptop screen was up to seeing the full dynamic range.

C

lightings great, 2 flash set up?

That was my question as well. Just going by the shadows it was either 2 flashes or catching the flash of a second shooter (couple of thousands to one chance so not likely :eek:)

Either way its a belter.(y)

Stunning shot in every way Dav

:1st: (as Dave got to the notworthy first ;))

Would love to know how you got the exposure so perfect for the subject!

Really lovely, well executed image! (y)

Love to know how you set up and how you managed the exposure so well?

Being hyper critical, maybe there is a little bit too much "dead" space to the left of the couple.

Great shot

My only comment is that is looks like you have photoshoped the floor and put a blur on it to my eye just looks odd particularly byt the grooms feet, which are sharpe and the floor he is standing on is blurred, also on the bottom of the brides dress where it meets the grooms leg, only my 2 pence worth

Nice work Dav, great timing and processing fella. Being critical I'd actually prefer a tighter, wider angle shot - it would have made it feel more dynamic and the folks in the background don't really add much for me. Also, the hot spot on the floor is a little offputting. High quality work though. :)

Dav, did you use some selective blur in photoshop? It seems the bride and groom are in focus but the floor in which they are standing is out of focus.

Hopefully, I've got everyone below - Sorry for the delay in responding.

Cheers.

Dav

Thanks Anthony

Thank you very much ..MD..

Stevie - thanks and yes. Shot with 5DII, Sigma 24-70 F2.8, 2x580 EXiis triggered by Cactus V5s

Thanks Vishal. Have to say I really like the shots you posted the other day!

Thanks Chris (cjay)

Well thank you MsPeep!

Thank you Gary (see above)

Cheers Neil!

Thank loads Rob.

Cheers Jen

Andrew (v8) - thanks. PM on way.

Cheers Les.

Thanks Richmate.

Thanks Paul

Thanks Gazmorton2000

Cheers Cris big fella

Cheers Craig - and well spotted. Shame on me ;)

Thanks Simon. Colour - hmmmmm I'll see if I can dig it out :)

Thanks Ian. I see what you're saying. Thing is that the guests in the wedding are part of the day, so really they had to be in the shot.

Thanks Tom

Cheers (as always) Jeff

Sorry, Joe, do you like the shot? Good spot - see above.

I like the shot a lot and think that the two flash shot (with one opposite) is one of the best ways of shooting the first dance. My only crit would be that I would like the background to be a little darker, and the blur is a little 'off' in a couple of places, but that's only me being picky, good shot non the less.

Thanks Andy.

Welcome Jaxx. Thanks (especially as a newbie :)) for taking the time to comment. :)

Back