First day out EVER for sake of photography

Thanks...

Do you mean its over cropped?
I have the original, I can upload it when I get home?

I had to crop it like that as the bars of the cage were interfering...

No, 'big picture' is a reference to the larger size available to view, by clicking on the bar at the top of the pic offering 995x1023. I actually like the tight crop, very intimate . . . intimate with a lion? . . . :naughty:

CJS

Not bad, but watch for distracting shadows on future outings.

Oh....and these animals are not entirely 'Wild & Free' are they?!

Actually, now that u say that...I felt VERY sorry for the big cats at WildLife Paradise in Hertfordshire...

I know they are cared for by very nice and caring people...but no matter what we do...I still think they are WILD cats...that should be left wild...and not caged up for us to see...

Especially the tiger...it was marching to and fro in its cage like its gone mad...then suddenly stopped and pee'd itself, and stood there in its own pee frozen for like 5 minutes, not even bothered...looking at the ground ...

I'm sure that's a sign of a very miserable animal....

:(

I don't know the place at all, but it certainly doesn't sound great.

I really don't like zoo's at all - a few (Howletts for example) do valuable work and have enclosures set up with the animals needs in mind, but most simply exploit the animals for financial gain.

I love the parrot shot, and the resting lion. The edits look great as well.

i love the parrott shots too, i also dont really like zoos and havent been to one for years as my local one (newquay) is small and i really didnt like seeing most of the animals in small enclosures last time i went, im off to photo the resident seals at godrevy beach this weekend, much nicer in their natural environment.

i love the parrott shots too, i also dont really like zoos and havent been to one for years as my local one (newquay) is small and i really didnt like seeing most of the animals in small enclosures last time i went, im off to photo the resident seals at godrevy beach this weekend, much nicer in their natural environment.

wow..wild seals...

that must be a beauty to watch...

I'm probably heading down to Brighton over the weekend...I don't suppose there are any seals there??:thinking:

The tenth one is simply stunning. Sharp and in stunning detail.
Brilliant shop the rest are good but the 10th one steals the show.

Horologos said:
The tenth one is simply stunning. Sharp and in stunning detail.
Brilliant shop the rest are good but the 10th one steals the show.

Glad you like it!!

Sent from my iPhone using TP Forums

Back