First effort at equestrian

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
No
Hi these shots were taken at my daughters pony club show. Go easy as it was my first real try at this sort of thing

I took hundreds of pics but here's a selection:

DPP_0147.jpg

DPP_0139.jpg

DPP_0134.jpg

DPP_0012.jpg

It's a shame you couldn't get close to the fences and found some interesting angles. The pics are ok but "same old" springs to mind. Sorry.

Andy

no problem Andy. I appreciate they are your bogstandard jumping pics. this was just a learning experience for me. I found the pictures improved throughout the day so it was worth doing

It's a shame you couldn't get close to the fences and found some interesting angles. The pics are ok but "same old" springs to mind. Sorry.

Andy

I don't agree with this at all. Martin said this was his first attempt at equestrian photography and he has done a reasonable job.

Martin, the first shot looks good and you've caught the horse and rider at probably the most photogenic part of a jump, I would crop it a bit so they fill the frame a bit more.

#2 has been take a fraction of a second too late but it's close! #3 looks like you were not panning which I presume if why there appears to be motion blur on the horses head whilst the fence is sharp, remember to follow through when panning a shot. #4 is excellent although it is a shame the riders face cannot be seen but that was beyond your control.

Hope this helps and I look forward to seeing some more.

As I said, the pics are fine but a change of angle would make a huge improvement.

Hopefully my suggestion is seen as constructive, it certainly wasn't intended to be seen as negative in any way and I am sorry if it was perceived that way.

Andy

Thanks for the comments and Advice Colin, much appreciated.

Andy no problems at all. what you said is valid and something for me to take on board in the future.

id pretty much echo what colin said, recroping a few of those and theyd be good for a first attempt.

also my advice would be (if youre not already) pop the camera into servo and center point and track the horse in to the jump. aim for about the same time as #3.

Back