Critique First few shots with new camera and lens

Name
Tim Ellis
Edit My Images
No
Here we go first few snaps with my new setup just getting into taking some (Hopefully) better pictures

Just a few while taking the dogs for a walk.

Bella%20Water%20001.jpg
Bella%20Water%20002.jpg
Bella%20Water%20003.jpg
Kizzy_Bella_Fight%20005.jpg
Kizzy_Water%20004.jpg

Well done, can't give much crit, but they are nice and sharp, 2 + 4 are very good, just get out and keep snapping! Well done.

Hi
#1 is not sharp to me but in the others I think you've captured the dog(s) really well. Exposure and composition look well, especially like the dog drying off and the two of them scrapping. You've done well in getting the exposure spot on with the black dog too because black (or white) can sometimes be tricky to get right.
JohnyT

I think they are all very good shots. My personal favourite is the last one as it shows just what dopey creatures Labs can be, "I'll just lie in this puddle then."

I like the subject(s) in 4 a lot. With a different (i.e. plain) background and pulling out some shadow detail / a little more "pop", it could be a brilliant shot for me.

I don't know about the camera/lens you're using in terms of quality but lenses aren't always their sharpest at the widest aperture, so for crystal clear sharpness stopping down a touch can be a good idea (I have a couple of lenses which are very nearly as good wide open but most seem to prefer at least 1-1.5 stops down).

Sorry if you already know this!

Back