first gig shots,

Edit My Images
Yes
my first night photographing live music went pretty well i feel, just finished going through them all. heres the best of the lot;

The Electric Circus Band
http://www.myspace.com/theelectriccircusband

3518205945_1e52b61c9d.jpg

3518205329_6c308bf7e8.jpg

3519013424_4c457df1cb.jpg

3518201955_52b016e83f.jpg

3519009354_7833cfbbda.jpg

The Heartbreaks
http://www.myspace.com/heartbreaksband

3518919712_db50448833.jpg

3518104303_6ef81047a3.jpg

3518918168_f2ea46db35.jpg

i was stuck at the side of the stage hence the lack of pictures of the bassists, but i was a bit nervous and didn't want to walk in front of the crowd :LOL: maybe next time,
the impromptu stage invasion at the end was pretty good to photograph also,
other than that i think there pretty well to say thats the first time i have done photography of this sort.
i just stuck to normal shots for my first time, didn't attempt any long exposure shots :p

Good Set (y)
The last one is really good :clap:

No2 is a bit spoilt be his bored/disinterested look ...

...i was stuck at the side of the stage hence the lack of pictures of the bassists, but i was a bit nervous and didn't want to walk in front of the crowd...

Were you the 'official' or an invited photographer ... if so you need to be more confident and position yourself for the best shots.
If you are infront of the crowd try to squat/sit down, maybe in the centre ilse.
Also if you have a kit bag with you I would advise taking a friend with you so you can move around without worrying about it.

Good luck for your next shoot.

Last edited:
Good Set (y)
The last one is really good :clap:

No2 is a bit spoilt be his bored/disinterested look ...

Were you the 'official' or an invited photographer ... if so you need to be more confident and position yourself for the best shots.
If you are infront of the crowd try to squat/sit down, maybe in the centre ilse.
Also if you have a kit bag with you I would advise taking a friend with you so you can move around without worrying about it.

Good luck for your next shoot.

i was invited. it was a new night at a bar, and i knew the guys who set it up. they asked me to shoot the bands(the first set are the guys i know) :LOL:
but for my first time i think there pretty good, i was jjust really nervous. however by the time the bands were playing i'd had 4 cans, my payment was free beer :p so that settled my nerves somewhat. but it was a weird set up, it was just a raised stage meaning no crash barrier, so to get the front would have spoiled most peoples view so i figured i was happy with the shots i was getting from where i was :) ive shown both bands my shots and they really like them, and as a result theyv'e asked me to photograph the monthly event everytime so im pretty chuffed. they mentioned if i was up to it, i could do like the role of a club photographer taking pictures of people who go, but im not sure on that

Last edited:
I'd give it a go revolution, looks like a great opportunity. I was bricking it first time I shot live music aswell :p You just have to get up to the front and get the shot :p

If your gonna be a club tog the general thing is to use wide angle and defo a diffused speedlight

I'd give it a go revolution, looks like a great opportunity. I was bricking it first time I shot live music aswell :p You just have to get up to the front and get the shot :p

If your gonna be a club tog the general thing is to use wide angle and defo a diffused speedlight

aye, theres no chance i can afford a flash and/or a wide lens. ill just stick to the gig shots for them now, it was a good laugh and i got free beer so all was good :p

... ive shown both bands my shots and they really like them, and as a result theyv'e asked me to photograph the monthly event everytime so im pretty chuffed... they mentioned if i was up to it, i could do like the role of a club photographer taking pictures of people who go...

Well done (y) ... as they have ask you to take pictures of people who go I'd go for it ... atleast then the people will know that you are the photographer, with a job to do and not some jerk jumping in just to spoil there view.

PS. Get the free beer in cans and save it till you have fininshed :LOL:

Good Luck for next time.

Back