First go at a Wren shot

Name
marcus
Edit My Images
Yes
Have seen some wonderful Wren shots on here, and its taken nearly 6 months to try and get one, still not the best but putting the time in to get the right one...

105sharp_zpsb4ce0076.jpg

Thank you for looking

Marcus

If that's your first attempt, I'm looking forward to some more!(y)

Two constructive comments: Move the bird a wee bit further to the left and, more importantly, go for a bit more contrast/saturation in PP as it's a bit 'wishy washy' to my eye.

If that's your first attempt, I'm looking forward to some more!(y)

Two constructive comments: Move the bird a wee bit further to the left and, more importantly, go for a bit more contrast/saturation in PP as it's a bit 'wishy washy' to my eye.

Wot this nugget said, I agree. Good advice(y)

+1 to above
you can quickly improve that with a little PP

I like to see them with their tail "in the air" - inspiration for your next shot

Thank you guys.....I will look through the shots I took of him to see if there is one with the tail up....he was there for a good 20 seconds

Ok guys, what do you make of this one...I tried a little more with the sat...but the problem is the background are tall reeds...so they give the brown tint to it...anyhow....a vocal Wren....all critique always appreciated

103_zps478d1dee.jpg

Marcus

Nope.... Go back to the first shot and do what has been suggested. Nothing to do with the tail - it's about the look and feel of the shot. You need to bring up the colours of the bird with contrast & saturation. There is nothing at all wrong with the pose in the first shot. There's a lot more wrong from a photography perspective in the second shot.

Yours sinecrely....... A Nugget! ;)

Here's what I'm talking about. It's a very quick edit of your first image by someone who is NOT a PP man. I'm sure you can do a lot better with the raw image and a bit of time.

4019-1397678042-039d9d4a7395166e8d59fcc555b0be1e.jpg

focus is difficult with your second shot - first is the better composition - presumably you shoot RAW, to give the best chance in PP

Thank you guys...didn't mean to start a bit of pp war lol....I agree to a certain extent on the processing...but...I know the image wasn't as sharp as it should be..however....I disagree on both processing of the image....this isn't what I saw when I took it, the branch he sat on was the colour I took. What I saw, was exactly how the first image looked, I wanted to show the image to its true showing. Yes I shoot Raw...exactly for that reason, to get a true shot.

I am learning and willing...even more so with composition...to be honest I think sometimes thats a joke....as others like birds all over the bloody shop, i'm sure it must be a personal preference...but yet I do agree, there must be a rule of thumb...or thirds..should I say.

I am very happy and pleased you have helped....thank you all for your input, more time at the drawing board lol

Back