First go at bikes ... Brands Hatch

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Thought I`d give the bikes a try, so went down the road to Brands, on Friday. Bloody hell, it`s not easy!

Anyway, I got a couple that I`m pretty pleased with. But always appreciate any tips on how to improve.

View attachment 9874

View attachment 9875

Last edited:
I would agree with you on how hard it is to get decent shots of the bikes. I was there on Friday to have a go for the first time.

Those two shots are very good.

I would agree with you on how hard it is to get decent shots of the bikes. I was there on Friday to have a go for the first time.

Those two shots are very good.

Thanks Mark

There were a bunch of seriously long n fat lenses there too ... Felt quite inadequate with my little 70-300 ;-) ... But in reality, I found at Brands one gets a lot of "samey" pix. Is there anywhere close ish, that is a little more camera friendly?

I do not know much about other circuits, first visit to any Motor Racing Circuit as a photographer. :rolleyes:
I know what you meant about lens envy, some big old lumps of white piping being used.

I do not know much about other circuits, first visit to any Motor Racing Circuit as a photographer. :rolleyes:
I know what you meant about lens envy, some big old lumps of white piping being used.

Gonna have to do a little research on tracks I think.

Guys, don't be too envious of the white pipes, I was there for the first time also on Friday using a 300 f2.8, when you have walked around the circuit with that you tend to get envious of the guys with the lighter lenses :).
Found it a very tricky circuit to tog because you are stood back from the fence, at least with the likes of Silverstone you can go right against the fence giving you a better start.
Still going through mine and have yet to find a decent one, having said that I went to Donington yesterday for the BTC and working more on those shots.
Nice couple of pictures there.
John

Guys, don't be too envious of the white pipes, I was there for the first time also on Friday using a 300 f2.8, when you have walked around the circuit with that you tend to get envious of the guys with the lighter lenses :).
Found it a very tricky circuit to tog because you are stood back from the fence, at least with the likes of Silverstone you can go right against the fence giving you a better start.
Still going through mine and have yet to find a decent one, having said that I went to Donington yesterday for the BTC and working more on those shots.
Nice couple of pictures there.
John

Thanks John
Haha yeah I can imagine 300 2.8`s and alike would get quite lumpy after a while ...
Will look into Silverstone, thank you for that.

Pre kids we used to stand on Graham hill bend. That way you can see um coming down from druids and around but you can also get them going into the first turn because you can see it just up the hill. Problem with brands is the damn tanoy posts every 10cm or so(n)

Pre kids we used to stand on Graham hill bend. That way you can see um coming down from druids and around but you can also get them going into the first turn because you can see it just up the hill. Problem with brands is the damn tanoy posts every 10cm or so(n)

I tried there, and know what you mean about the tannoy/ annoy posts ;-) ... Pretty much walked the circuit, and liked the big sweeping bend (2 after druids), but not sure of composition as the bikes are leaning away from you. It`s a big learning curve, for sure.

The Indy circuit is quite tough to shoot on.... come back and have another go when they are on the GP circuit in July...

its a bit of a drive, but at croft you can get some very good close shots

The Indy circuit is quite tough to shoot on.... come back and have another go when they are on the GP circuit in July...
Thanks for that, I`ll definitely come back to have a go at the GP circuit then. Gonna get some plugs from work first though ... I didn`t realise just how loud it was.

its a bit of a drive, but at croft you can get some very good close shots
Ahh thank you Steve, I`ll look into it.

Much appreciated guys.

Back