First home studio shoot... with Fleur

Edit My Images
No
Bought myself a three head setup and a backdrop....this was the outcome from the first try using it... Im reasonably happy with them, but would appreciate some critique:thinking:

IMG_8892.jpg

IMG_8906copy.jpg

IMG_8917copy.jpg

IMG_8934copy.jpg

IMG_8944copy.jpg

#1 could use some fill light on her face to get rid of the shadow
#2, same as #1 and bra strap showing
#3, could try not cropping her feet and bra strap showing
#4, model's right arm looks kind of weird
#5, my favourite of the set but i find the ring distracting

really like number 3 and number 5, although would have liked the model looking at the camera in 5

what lights do you use

3&5 for me ,mostly they need a bit more light across the face and a tad more saturation ,but thats just my taste;)

no 5 is more or less perfect, very good soft light. Her eyes are nice, big and bright like they should.

1 and 2 could be improved, particularly the dark areas round her eyes and the way she wears the green top is maybe not perfect in my opinion.
4 has some potential but needs more work. Some reflectors would have helped to fill shadows, while background needs to be black (move lights in, reduce power, and clean up)

3 is really not my cup of tea. By using wideangle lens and weird angle you have brought out the imperfections of her arms and the neck. In fact it should have been full length here, and the shoulder are should be better covered, as well as the neck when shooting this low.

I would like this better if you shot with a longer lens, like 85mm full length, 200mm headshots.

I like 4, I like the shadows - would like to see a head and shoulders crop of this.

I think 3 might look better with a crop above the knee.

5 is good - agree with above would like to see model looking at camera

Back