first landscape in ages!

Name
Tom Storey
Edit My Images
Yes
I finaly managed to get out and take more landscapes on monday night, its been months since i last went and the place had changed quite a bit. probably a good thing as it forced me to look carefully for somewhere to shoot.

as usual, only contrast and saturation adjusted in RSE and dust cloned in photoshop.

MG_8904-01web.jpg

MG_8789-01web.jpg

MG_8834-01web.jpg

comments and critique welcome

That's a very cool photo :) It almost makes me want to go and buy a tripod and attempt some landscapes :D

My guess would have been that you had used long multiple exposures.

I like the result but agree with previous comments that clouds are a bit overpowering - did you use a filter?. I would also try to have a little more detail in the foreground to help lead the eye.

Small (but hopefully helpful) critique on a good piece of work! (y)

i like that, is the horizon a bit squiffed though?

the shot was one 25 second exposure, linear polariser, nd grad and orange grad filters. i prefe to shoot landscapes this way as i get bored of photoshop before i finish the photo.

the horizon is actually straight (according to the spirit level on the hotshoe). i think its an illusion caused by the far shoreline disappearing into the distance.

i have a few more but i havent had time o get them on here yet. maybe tomorrow.

Really love the colours in no1 but, my fave is no2 as I like the way the suns reflection on the water travels all the way up to the boulder and gives the pic a focal point.
The sea looks dreamy & cool and the sky looks dreamy & warm, lovely!

#2 for me...
Smooth, but still so textured.

All ace though. Nicely done.

thanks for the comments:)

theyre all tkaen at rutland water, a reservoir not far from leicester.

Back