First model shoot with A700 a real struggle

Edit My Images
No
I spent most of the night looking and feeling like an idiot.
Didn't have a clue where anything was on the camera so spent more time rooting through menus and controls in near darkness than taking shots.
The a700 low light focus was not as good as my D2X but using a small pen light helped a little. Was terrified I had not got a single worthwhile shot but Model seemed happy in the end sh liked a saturated high contrast look.

mw1.jpg

17260568.jpg

mwt.jpg

Not sure about the expression in No3 but th others look ok.

But why would you even think about going on a shoot with a new camera before you took time to find your way around it?

Ah ok - I apologise for suggesting you're a plonka then. I would have been panicking too in that case:)

I prefer No3 - to me it has more impact than the other 2.

Last edited:
They are good, I think the white balance looks a bit off on 2, could be my monitor though but the others look great.

The white balance was Deliberate Richard so don't worry its not your monitor :) I wanted something a little cooler

The a700 low light focus was not as good as my D2X but using a small pen light helped a little.

:LOL: That must have been a mammoth effort then. I've just tried 10 test shots in a pitch black room with my A700 and every one was bang on focus.

What lens and flash were you using? Did you have the camera on AF-C? The infra red focus assist light doesn't operate on AF-C. :nono:

I think it's a very creditable effort considering the handicap of breaking in a new camera (y)

Back