First music photography in a while.

Name
Jessica
Edit My Images
Yes
I've not had the chance to shoot many gigs since I moved back home late last year. After getting itchy fingers I decided to take my camera along to a gig in Liverpool I was going to. I didn't have a pass (got one for the same band in Preston next month) so these are just from the other side of the barrier. Used my 5DMKII with the 50mm 1.8, a lens I don't usually use but thought there was less change of getting my camera conviscated with that one.

The band is Twin Atlantic, from Glasgow.

Any thoughts welcome. This time I was restricted to standing in one place and with a fixed lens, but I'm looking to try something new and creative with future live stuff. I have no idea what but any links to other photographers etc would be welcome.

5385322970_e98c24a9b5_z.jpg

5385320156_91bc3ee720_z.jpg

5384717355_67116d56ab_z.jpg

I really like them :) Not sure how constructive it is to just say that, but I have no experience shooting bands so wouldn't like to attempt a comment more technically minded than that,lol

I think the first one is a little too central for my liking, the other two have more rule of thirds about them and that makes them shine.

You've captured the atmosphere nicely, the lighting comes over well and they have a good live music feel about them.

Keep going (y)

2 and 3 are brilliant. the lighting is landing on them superbly and the composition is solid.

The 'poses' they are in feel very purposeful, such as in 2 you can see a bit of motion in the hand, and in 3 you can see him strumming.

2 and 3 are in an entirely different league to number 1, hope i'm not being too critical here, but the darker less dramatic lighting and the lip wrist doesn't help it. But that's not your fault, they're still good.

I -really- miss shooting music! I think you've done excellently to say you didn't have a pass and you're on the other side of the pit wall.

Oh, and you're getting superb colour here too. Something I defintely struggled with.

Back