First night out doing club photography

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
hahaha nice insight there! Girls are so strange when it come to photos its always a marmite(vegemite) reaction. . . .

Like them all save for 2 and 3, not really doing anything for me I'm afraid :/

the dance floor looks empty in 2 and there is no movement or interesting lights? no 3 the guy on the right with the crazy smile just creeps me out straight up! :confused:

that said Id be very pleased with those shots :D the ones of the clubbers look spot on!!! and the first is a nice change from the normal happy smiley people with alcohol look! makes the place look more classy? well IMHO anyways :)

Nightclubs must be hard work to take 'natural' pictures of people. I suppose people want memory snaps grinning. Nice and sharp with difficult lighting. A lens with a smaller f-stop might help to give you a more bokeh background like a cheap 50mm f1.8.

Good job on these, especially 4, 5 and 6.
You are always going to get bloopers like number 3. But if these are going on a bars facebook page, you will probably find it's ones like that you may not particularly like that get the most activity.

wow no comments for ages then 5 all at once lol...

I personally quite liked the sharpness in 2 and was surprised when i caught it, but true it was still a little early for a packed dance floor, and it would be better minus grin man in 3.

4 or 5 were my faves of the night.

I dont agree with using a 50mm 1.8, it wouldn't be wide enough on my crop sensor camera and it was sometimes difficult at f2.8 to get people together in proper focus. A 24mm fast prime may work for artistic shots like that.

Yes flash used throughout, most people were snapped at F2.8-4 iso1000 and 1/13 shutter, flash on ETTL no compensation.

Back