First Photo Shoot

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
No
Hi,

This is my first photo shoot. Grabbed my sister and went into a field behind the house. Any comments would be very welcomed. I have popped on two photos although there were many more!!

Thanks in advance

(IMAGES IN POST BELOW, ORIGINAL PHOTOS TOO BIG SO REMOVED)

Last edited:
WOW!!! those are HUGE!! lol..

I like them.. except from the face shaddows in No1..

Many apologies, wrong photos.....here are the correct sizes!!

one.jpg

two.jpg

might be an idea to remove the first pair - delightful pictures if I may say so, just need to concetrate a bit more on the exposure levels

Thanks for your comments I took these photos with the sun behind me...would you advise this or would you have taken them into the sun?

Jeez They are big.

I bet Hepburn might struggle to see these on his new TV monitor..............

Anyway the shots...........

Cons

The exposure is slightly off in both.

The horizon is out on #1.

Subject too central in #1.

The shadow on the face in #2.

Pros.

Super colour.

Great depth of field (no pun).

Attractive subject which will always make people take a second look.

Great try and thanks for posting.

Chris,

Your photos are pretty good for first time. Your direction is very good for the model as it's a great lifestyle type shot in the first one (Or the model has done this thing before)
The second is a great moodier look from her. also good poses/direction.

The photos

no.1 ditto above about the horizon. rotate it so its straight or tilt it more for fashiony type shots ;). I feel you've tried to brighten/increase exposure so have lost the wb and some colour. I guess this is due to the sun as you've mentioned...This will blind your subject or cause squinting. The pose is great and natural and subject very photogenic.

no. 2 I like the composition and use of the foreground to frame the photo. Pose itself shows some signs of catalogue style? Good shot.

The only issues I see are the use of light. I would suggest shooting with the sun behind the subject (if it was only 2 choices: front or behind) With this though you'll need to reflect or use some fill in flash for her face. The sun behind will give a nice rim light to highlight the hair.

Good work for your first time!

Love number 1, as mentioned slightly overexposed if you shot RAW could fix that very quickly...

I think the horizon depends on how you view the shot/composition! I personally think it works as is, I see it as a grabbed shot durring a movement through the field so a bit jaunty if you see what I mean? As opposed to a structured composed subject to camera relationship.

Not sure if that was how you planned it...

Second one frustrates me a little bit, distracted by the shadow on the face real shame the DOF is great along with the model pose it could have been top draw.

Well done...

Kevin.

Lovely refreshing images, #1 is a beauty (y)

Hi Guys,

Thank you for the comments. I'm out on my second shoot next weekend so will take note of the comments made in regards to horizon and lighting and correct them.

I'll post up my results. Thanks again, really helpful.

Chris

Back