First Photo

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Guys N Girls

Got my Canon 400 yesterday and am playing around at the moment am very new with photography so go easy on me :)
How do i sort out the coloring on my boys eye?

Billy3.jpg

Many Thanks

Gary

There are many different ways, if you have Photoshop of something you could select the blue using magic wand and use the sponge too (set on de-saturate) to remove the colour. this will turn grey if it is too light just select the burn too to make darker.

Or you could just paint it out but remember to add some catch lights using a small brush.

Julian

Take the photo again, this time with some decent lighting and no flash. Problem with that pic isn't just the eyes, it's the overexposure on the fur and the tongue.

But if you're really interested in sorting out the eyes, pic up a copy of Photoshop Elements, or download a copy of GIMP if you're into freeware. There will be plenty of tutorials online on how to fix eye colour, and that shouldn't be hard to do.

Good luck

For a first picture, thats not a bad attempt at all!

As breaker said, take the flash off, and just light the room well.
The flash has reflected off the pupils and has reflected off the fur and tongue, meaning they're overexposed.
You have got the focus spot on though, which is somewhat of a feat considering you're very new to photography.
Keep up the work :) Its a very addictive (and expensive :eek:) hobby, but I'm sure you'll enjoy it :)

Thanks for the comments
Heres one from the weekend whilst taking the boys for a walk.
Any ideas how i can get the colors more vibrant?
Also it seems really grainy where am i going wrong
(where do you all start):D:nuts:

Maxrunning.jpg

Welcome to the forum winty .. :wave:

It would help a little if you told us what software you are using.

The shot looks like it could benefit from a little sharpening .. It is a little soft. Using a faster shutter speed would have helped.

You can increase the colour in most software programs by increasing the saturation.

Hi Thanks for the reply
I've got a 30 day trial version of Photoshop CS3
The camera is just the Canon 400d with the lens kit

Hi

Hope you don't mind but I did a quick edit (10 Seconds), your photo was underexposed (CTRL + L) in Photoshop to bring up levels and you will notice there is no information on the right hand side of the chart. Simply move the right slider to meet the start of the graph.

Were you using flash because I noticed catch lights in max eyes, this might have caused the camera to underexpose due to the max synch of your flash, not sure what it is on canon as I use Nikon.

Julian

Max5.jpg

Back