First play with 10 stopper

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Not spectacular, but tried out the HiTech 10 stopper yesterday evening. Wanted a small amount of movement in the clouds without blurring them too much.

6905941767_5c89f7a9cb_b.jpg

Last edited:
I really like this, the Silhouetting of the tree really works in this shot.
The movement in the clouds are just right as well.

For a first attempt this is very good, which 10 stop was this taken with?

I really like this, the Silhouetting of the tree really works in this shot.
The movement in the clouds are just right as well.

For a first attempt this is very good, which 10 stop was this taken with?

Thanks for the comment.

The filter is the Hi Tech 'P' size. I had heard horror stories about huge magenta colour casts, but this one seems not too bad. Very little needed doing to the image. Just played with the blacks a little, along with the usual slight noise reduction and touch of sharpening. Another area where I have a lot to learn!

I took a handful of shots. This one had the best cloud formations in my view.

Last edited:
Great shot for your first effort. I keep thinking I can only use my 10 stopper where there's water in the shot - but you've given me some inspiration!

Great shot for your first effort. I keep thinking I can only use my 10 stopper where there's water in the shot - but you've given me some inspiration!

Thanks for the comment.

I'd used ND's before, but ones you can see through!

I like that a lot

I just got the self same filter, need to try it out yet

Nice shot, love the cloud movement! If you got the Pro 10 Stop then that is much newer and meant to be much better than the old one which is supposed to be... well terrible. I haven't used my Pro 10 stop barely at all yet :(

Thanks everyone. Really appreciate the encouragement. I do think I'm getting a bit better at this photography lark :)

Back