First post for a loooooong time

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
Well as said first post in this section for a long time. I have finally got myself a long lens again (Tamron 150-600) so managed to get out for a quick play this morning. Light was pants so ISO bumped up higher than I would like at 1600 but i'm happy with the shot despite the bit of noise.

Anyway here it is.

ND1_3839.jpg
by Nick Davis, on Flickr

As always C&C welcomed :)

Really nicely lit image. Can't work out whether there is a hair on your lens on whether it's at ached to the birds head.

Sorry, but all these watrmarks/sigs are getting on my threp'ny bits

I really like that Nick, looks like you got th hang of the lens already ;) look forward to more

Lovely image! Great out of focus background too, really sets the bird off well!

Really nicely lit image. Can't work out whether there is a hair on your lens on whether it's at ached to the birds head.

Sorry, but all these watrmarks/sigs are getting on my threp'ny bits

Thanks - its on the Bird itself, bit of a one strand Mohawk lol. I know what you mean about the watermarks but its just the way it is nowadays.

I really like that Nick, looks like you got th hang of the lens already ;) look forward to more

Thanks Adam - could have done with more light to get the ISO down and the shutter speed up but so far I'm happy with it. Just need to get used to the speed of the blighter's again as its a bit different from weddings lol.

Lovely image! Great out of focus background too, really sets the bird off well!

Cheers. Its from the hide at the bottom of the garden and fortunately the trees in the distance are a good few meters away so make a lovely background.

nice sharp shot ,well done

…looks so much better on Flickr

This being not the first time I read this here as I thought "it is a lovely, well rendered bird".
So I went on Flickr and… I do notice a very slight difference in tonality that may be explained
by the presence of the black frame over there! …or am I missing something?

nice sharp shot ,well done

That is a lovely shot - you are enjoying your new lens!

Thanks - yep a good choice I think.

Lovely bird and composition ,perch just a bit big for me ,personal choice , looks so much better on Flickr

Thanks - yep I should have chopped the tree down a few years earlier then it would have been more suitable lol.

This being not the first time I read this here as I thought "it is a lovely, well rendered bird".
So I went on Flickr and… I do notice a very slight difference in tonality that may be explained
by the presence of the black frame over there! …or am I missing something?
I don't think so. I just had them up on two identical screens and cant see a lot of difference. It seems that it is slightly compressed on the forum and therefore looks a little cleaner. Personally I would not use that high ISO's but I wanted to test the lens and the light was pants!!

Back