First shot with 70D (Kingfisher)

A good capture at that iso Rob,hope you do not mind the edit but just felt it could be lifted a touch.

14874361152_6825c2c834_c_zpse83f9695.jpg

A good capture at that iso Rob,hope you do not mind the edit but just felt it could be lifted a touch.

14874361152_6825c2c834_c_zpse83f9695.jpg

I like what you've done with the bird but not the perch, the highlights now look grey and unnatural

EDIT - having said that I think maybe the bird is now a touch oversaturated

Last edited:
I like what you've done with the bird but not the perch, the highlights now look grey and unnatural

EDIT - having said that I think maybe the bird is now a touch oversaturated

You could be right Rob,editing other peoples work is usualy just to emphasise what is needed,not so much a case of this is how it should look.Thanks for commenting though.

You could be right Rob,editing other peoples work is usualy just to emphasise what is needed,not so much a case of this is how it should look.Thanks for commenting though.

PP is a subjective thing, I prefer my photos to look as close to possible to the actual scene I was viewing and due to the poor light I think it does. There are definitely things I could do to make it a better photo but then it would get increasingly further away from what I actually saw. Each to their own though, I certainly don't have a problem with you doing an edit

Hi

In the UK do you still need a licence to Photograph Kingfishers. at or near the nest.

Paul

I'm not sure to be honest, it was taken from a hide and nowhere near a nest so I wouldn't have needed one anyway

Back