First shots with 70-200

Name
Robyn
Edit My Images
No
It's lovely!!! In spite of the filthy weather we're having down here at the moment (REALLY foggy) I went for a wander this afternoon and am now deeply impressed. cracker of a lens, and worth every penny!

8777Frostybranch-01.jpg

8766Squidge-01.jpg

8768Squidge-01.jpg

Nice photos - cant believe the first day you have this lens you get to capture wildlife like that :bang: - nice shots though (y)

Congratulations on the new glass :D

(PS - the lens is weather sealed with a filter BTW;))

cheers! It really is just something eLse! :D

As for the Squidgers - we are lucky in that there is a lane that runs from our turning down to our local shops - only about half a mile long but FULL of squidgers and birds. I got a couple of shots of a little robin too but sadly the light was dropping off a bit by that stage (and my arm was killing me too - that lens with the 2x TC is one almight weight!) and I wasn't steady enough even with the IS! I would expect to see more of the little fellows above now I have that lens!

that lens with the 2x TC is one almight weight!) and I wasn't steady enough even with the IS!

Just read your comment above - were all these shot using a 2x extender?

Nice shots - really like the first one. I keep admiring the frosty scenery from the warmth of my car :LOL:

I have had my 70-200 + 1.4 extender for a couple of weeks now. Not got up the energy to take it outside yet.

You might just have inspired me to get out of the house with shots like that. :clap:

Just read your comment above - were all these shot using a 2x extender?

I can't remember for certain about no. 1, but the two squirrels were, yes. I was expecting to see poorer quality with the extender on I must say as lots of people had warned me I might be disappointed with the 2x. Not a bit of it so far though.

Nice shots,you got yourself a super lens,did you get it from Carl?;)

Yep - and what a nice guy he is to do business with. First class lens, exactly as described, quickly dispatched and perfectly packaged! :clap: for Carl!

*edit*

Just checked and yes, no. 1 was with the extender too.

Oh - and here's the Robin......

8779Robin-01.jpg

As I say, would have benefitted from some more light, really.

Thanks for your reply - quality looks excellent, going to have to think about getting myself the 2x now (y)

The shots above were taken in RAW and given what I would call quick and basic processing. Bit of adjustment in RSE then into PS: levels, slight tweak to contrast, and sharpening. The softness in the robin shot was totally down to me, I'm certain of that.

I'm looking forward to trying those squirrels again with the 1.4x, once I've got to the shops to buy some monkey nuts! :LOL:

Looks like the start of a wonderful new relationship. :)

really good Witch, mucho sharp

Err, its a Canon lens?

Oh is it... Doh. :bang:

There’s me thinking I was paying attention,

...and I've been smirking with Robyn for over a month now on the possible purchase… I wondered why she didn't reply lol.

I blame the signatures going missing just when you need them… not on this thread though.

… Oh Poo. :(

Sorry Robyn….is probably nearly as good I expect. ;) ;)

Nice one. I wanted that lens but alas, me pockets is empty right now....

Pleased for you dude ...that lens is the bomb.

Good DOF on shot #1

Shot #3 is a cracker too..:)

Congrats on the new lens, You got a sharp copy there..(y)

Hee hee - been out all day and have just got back and had a good chuckle over this thread!

FB - Nikon - Pah!!

But yes, I did get the 1.4x as well!

;)

Nice shots. Glad you're happy with the lens and the service.

I never thought shots were too bad with the 2x converter. I will get the 1.4 converter when I finally get the 300.

Cheers,
Carl.

Back