First shots with Canon EF 70-300 DO IS

Edit My Images
No
These are my first shots with my Canon EF 70-300 f4.5-5.6DO IS lens lens I bought from gumpybadger on the forum here. I am aware that there has been a bit of controversy over the lens, but it seems that you can certainly get good results. These are all taken straight out of the camera with minimal processing (resizing and small amount of sharpening). They are also my first ever nature shots and some of my first shots with my new Canon 40d so something of a triple!

This is the first time I have posted pictures in a photography forum - all comments welcome!

IMG_x0238_edit_small.jpg

IMG_0120_edit_small.jpg

IMG_0232_edit_small.jpg

This last one was the only one taken with my 17-40L lens, quite a nice scenic shot:

IMG_0299_small.jpg

Welcome to the forums and a very nice set of photos here. No.3 is a great shot but No.1 is my favourite with great colours, superb detail and I really like the water just coming off the beak. Great work!

Oh yes, crisp and clear and pin sharp.
The light hasn't been your best friend in these shots, but still very appealing especially No1

#1 for me (y)
A cracker :clap:

Yes. I love the 1st shot.
Great colour and sharpness. Well done!

Oh no.. All these shots make me want to get a bigger lens (lens envy!)
On subject great shots.

Oh no.. All these shots make me want to get a bigger lens (lens envy!)
On subject great shots.

I know how you feel! Took me a year to get myself the 70-300, it is great, highly recommend you get one! :D :D :D

Lovely Swans! great captures, so sharp, and the colours are really fresh and bright! (y)

great set of shots...all nice and sharp!! like the unusual angle on the 2nd image!

Thanks to everyone for their comments. I like #2 as well due to the unusual angle. Ref comments on a longer lens, for the first few years of ownership of my canon 10d I had just the 17-40 L lens, which is good but missed out on so many opportunities a longer lens would have given me - I wish I had bought the longer lens years ago!

Back