First Studio Shoot, comments please....

Name
David Martin
Edit My Images
Yes
Here's a couple of pics I took of Sasha at a 'Tuition Day' with Clive Austin at Kaz Studios in Rayleigh, Essex. This was my first go in a proper studio environment. Had a really enjoyable day and picked up alot of tips.

DSC_0036a.jpg

DSC_0033a.jpg

DSC_0030a.jpg

Last edited:
As others have said the WB is way off, if you shot in RAW this will be easy enough to fix in your RAW converter, otherwise have a play around with your colour sliders. I used an action I have to cool the image down and ran it through my standard processing action, having not seen the model it's difficult to tell how much of a tan she had, I suspect it could be cooled down a tad more.

DSC_0036aedit.jpg

Hi Dave it's number one for me, I have to agree on the WB being off, what settings did you have for WB when shooting, I did a quick side by side change to the WB, I see hacker beat me to it, but thought I would post this up as well.

WB-corrected.jpg

Thanks for the comments. The WB was flash and the lights were front and quite close. I think some of it might be due to make up/tan. I did shoot in raw but thought I would put them up as shot. I'll have a play with them.

regards David

sorry but personnal rant, although WB is an issue if you shoot raw then its a lossless correction I dont understand why so many people make an issue out of it, perhaps as orange skin is easier to pick up on the lights that could be positioned better which cant be changed with a raw editor.

**This is not a moan at anyone commenting here although it will seem that way, its that on other forums WB is quite often something I get picked up on when I want that colour. The WB is off in these but other comments would help the OP more**

to the OP would you care to share you lighting setup, im no expert but I would like to try and help

EDIT: Comment retracted under the wisdom of an older member.

Last edited:
Back