First time Macro posting

Personaly not to keen on the second, as there just isnt enough to set my eye on.

Where as your first one i think is fantastic, love the colour, detail and DOF.

Great shots mate.

#1 You've controlled the dof well, Gary, and the composition and colours are great. Good start to your world of small, (y)

#2 I like the idea - simple elegant abstract. I think just a touch more green to lead the eye up towards the top right hand corner would give it more punch. :)

Beware - macro can be come addictive! :D

Jean

Last edited:
#1 You've controlled the dof well, Gary, and the composition and colours are great. Good start to your world of small, (y)

#2 I like the idea - simple elegant abstract. I think just a touch more green to lead the eye up towards the top right hand corner would give it more punch. :)

Beware - macro can be come addictive! :D

Jean

I agree - not can become addictive - IS Addictive :eek:

Les :LOL:

Wow, lots of comments. Thanks all. Finding it very addictive too!

Jean, thanks for the tips.

Nigel, glad to see your sense of humour is as bad as mine :D

Personaly not to keen on the second, as there just isnt enough to set my eye on.

Where as your first one i think is fantastic, love the colour, detail and DOF.

Great shots mate.

Hi Gareth, time to reply properly now.

Thanks for the comments. I do know what you mean and you kinda echo what Jean said (or vice versa!)

I'm thinking I should have posted these seperately as they are two VERY different shots. One is in your face shouting and the other is more subtle than a couple of blades of grass in the snow! I'm still happy with the second but I think when they are viewed together they are too much of a contrast

Back