First time published in the Nationals

My buddy got a tiny shot in the Sun today .

I got 2 in the sun today... good goalkepper flying through the air shot plus a cele... league two accy stanley v morecambe :)

I got 2 in the sun today... good goalkepper flying through the air shot plus a cele... league two accy stanley v morecambe :)

I saw then accy shots in the Sun while flicking through looking for my John Terry pic. Cracking shot inflight shot!

Smaller games could be the way forward, will have to check the local games round here. Arsenal V Liverpool on Weds night for us should be a good game if Arsenal can find a striker!

Its always a dilemma determine which games to cover. The big clubs will always get the most usage. Mid-lower prem will get a mention but maybe only one image per game but should be sizable. Top championship will also get a mention probably same as lower-Prem but maybe in B&W. Lower Championship is not always guaranteed as often press may use stock shots.

With ref to Palace, yes they are in trouble and there was a big feature ran in one of the Sundays so maybe the boat has been missed there unless there is any big development. Portsmouth are another in trouble so maybe worth watching them? Its also worth looking to see who is in the news and the John Terry saga seems to be dragging on, also worth looking at which managers may be on thin ice. Phil Brown at Hull has gone from hero to zero in one season and when they appointed a new chairman it was thought his job may be on the line but seems to have survived - at least until the end of the season.....maybe!

So which games to choose to cover? If based in the north then covering any London team will mean two bites of the cherry these games will be coved in all editions. As mentioned earlier Arsenal, Spurs,Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool & Villa all get good coverage.These games will also attract the all the big agencies so try to avoid them if possible but don't put yourself at a disadvantage. Covering lower games will mean less coverage but maybe a better chance of usage. Picture editors are a bit of a lottery, you just don't know what they are thinking so just try and cover all the angles the best you can.

Back