Beginner First timer.. your thoughts please

Name
Jamie
Edit My Images
Yes
Took a couple of shots of my mates baby. First time just wanting to know peoples opinions

Nice and evenly lit, the pose isn't the best with the jumper/jersey in the mouth and also the nappy showing. A good first effort technically.

as the others have said really. The only other thing maybe that white vignette. Its not good on any photo

If your going for a white background and want a little shadow I'd get the nipper a little further away. Also try and get a bit lower, it'll help get a better looking shot. A little like this I took of my lad, I used 2 lights to keep him even. I'd also dial back the colour enhancement a little to do orange the skin a little. Kids are great fun to shoot ain't they :)

Last edited:
Personally I think it's a very good first effort and I'm sure your friend loves the pictures.
There is nothing you can do really about the little girl lifting her dress it can and does happen to the best of us.
You might find it a better angle of view to get a little lower down to there level.
And if you have the working space move the subject a little further forward away from the back ground.
But a great first shoot :)

Forgot to add that sometimes a small soft toy In front of them can help!

Back