Five from the North

Name
Mark Littlejohn
Edit My Images
No
Three or four from the frozen watelands of the North over the last two or three weeks.

First one is looking over Little Langdale yesterday morning. Up Great Intake for dawn. Nikon Df and Nikon 135mm f2 DC @ f5.6 handheld.

Walking back to the car from there I rather liked this wee stand of trees. Nikon D800 and Sigma 35mm ART

Sunday morning I was at Seacliff for dawn. Trying to get a decent one of the castle and have been for ages. Nearly there but the sky just doesn’t hold any interest but its as close as I've come from here. Nikon D800 and Nikon 24mm f1.4G - Lee 0.6 soft and 0.6 ND Proglass

Couple of days before that I was down at Allonby – don’t often do seascapes but the forecast was for storms and I fancied trying it. Nicely wild without being too mad. D800 and 85mm 1.8G - too wild for a tripod or filters.

A few days before that I was up Beinn a' Chrulaiste before dawn for a wander with a pal. He was after a shot of the Buachaille but I already had one I was happy with so decided to go for a shot of the big curving S of the road. This was still a while before dawn – a bonny morning. D800 and Sigma 35mm ART.

love the road in the last

Cracking shots. 1 and 5 are very special.

If you don't mind me asking, where is the path to Beinn a' Chrulaiste? I can never find it. Also did you need any special gear with all the snow? Thanks.

Number one for me absolutely stunning!!

Good set

Last one for me.

Beinn a'Chrulaiste is one of my favourite hill walks. Not the most exciting hill but a cracking view (y)

Cracking shots. 1 and 5 are very special.

If you don't mind me asking, where is the path to Beinn a' Chrulaiste? I can never find it. Also did you need any special gear with all the snow? Thanks.

You can go up the East ridge from Kingshouse or park at Altnafeadh and do it from the West. Starting out, It's the same path as the West Highland Way / Devil's Staircase.

http://alanlmilne.me.uk/walk_logs/beinn a' chrulaiste.html

Last edited:
I park at Altnafeadh - walk back over the stream and past the empty house. After a few more yards there is a gap in the fence. I walk up the slope at 90 degrees to the 82 and then follow the fence line going in much the same direction. There isn't much of a path but when you get to a wee knoll I cross the fence there and just head on straight up. Quite a few good viewpoints and no sharp edges or owt so perfectly safe. I like it as a dawn viewpoint for the Buachaille.

Thanks for the comments folks.

Like the 1st and last, great light. I think the 3rd could do with a bit more saturation and PP. looks slightly faded. Nice enough compositiojn

Its processed via a split tone. I like it as is. The rocks are a bonny colour but any richer wouldn't suit it. I liked the combination of the colour of the water against the rocks but I appreciate that not everybody will like it. Cheers for the input.

Very nice set
I love No4

Great set, first and last for me. Great location.

Fantastic set of images.

No1 been my favourite closely followed by no5

Impressive stuff!

Wonderful photos, I love the water photos. This is Scotland, yes? I just saw it was near Oban on the map. All I know about Scotland has to do with whisky. And music.

Another vote for #5 Mark well worth the early start for this view point, did you grap a light trail from a veh passing through at any point, thank you for sharing

Cheers again folks

Another vote for #5 Mark well worth the early start for this view point, did you grap a light trail from a veh passing through at any point, thank you for sharing

I thought about it Kevin - there were a few vehicles on the road but I chose to take it when the road was clear. With hindsight I should have got the old 6 stopper out and taken a couple of shots with light trails. It takes a surprising length of time for traffic to go right through the shot though.

Up at 3am to go back up - me and a pal are stopping off on the way to Skye. Meeting young Scott Robertson (Roksoff on flickr) on the way and then perhaps a natter with Billy Currie on Skye as he is on the island at the moment (with a few thousand other photographers..)

Simply stunning. Love the first, third and fith, lovely light, colours and detail.
Exceptional.

Fabulous and very inspiring.

A belated thank you for the extra comments. Cheers.

1 has lovely tones in it and 5 is an excellent arrangement with the s of the river.

Back