Fixation and repairs

Name
Baz
Edit My Images
Yes
My D610 started showing signs of the shutter unit playing up. The first shot of the day the shutter is very slow and sometimes sticks completely, pressing the shutter button again releases it and it's fine for the rest of the day. It's exactly the same fault my D750 when Nikon replaced the shutter unit under warranty.

I sent the camera to Fixation for an estimate. They have confirmed it needs a new shutter unit but they are also quoting for
SMALL PARTS
RUBBER UNIT
SHUTTER PLATE UNIT
APERTURE CONTROL BASE UNIT
MIRROR DRIVING UNIT

When I queried these extra parts they say "The APERTURE CONTROL BASE UNIT and MIRROR DRIVING UNIT need to be replaced as they work in unison with the functionality of the SHUTTER PLATE UNIT. They are basically the electronic drive behind the shutter. "

When Nikon replaced my shutter unit in the D750, they didn't replace anything else so I'm suspicious that it actually needs these extra parts. Does anyone know the workings of a camera, any advice appreciated.

No help with the camera, but i have used Fixation previously and they did a first class job for a very reasonable price.

The D750 is a generation newer than the D610 so it's possible that the parts that Fixation need to be replaced are all now a single unit in the D750.

My D610 started showing signs of the shutter unit playing up. The first shot of the day the shutter is very slow and sometimes sticks completely, pressing the shutter button again releases it and it's fine for the rest of the day. It's exactly the same fault my D750 when Nikon replaced the shutter unit under warranty.

I sent the camera to Fixation for an estimate. They have confirmed it needs a new shutter unit but they are also quoting for
SMALL PARTS
RUBBER UNIT
SHUTTER PLATE UNIT
APERTURE CONTROL BASE UNIT
MIRROR DRIVING UNIT

When I queried these extra parts they say "The APERTURE CONTROL BASE UNIT and MIRROR DRIVING UNIT need to be replaced as they work in unison with the functionality of the SHUTTER PLATE UNIT. They are basically the electronic drive behind the shutter. "

When Nikon replaced my shutter unit in the D750, they didn't replace anything else so I'm suspicious that it actually needs these extra parts. Does anyone know the workings of a camera, any advice appreciated.
are you sure nikon didnt just group all bits together under the name "shutter unit" and they did maybe replace the lot

I have used fixation a few times and always found them pretty quick, informative and efficient. If you can wangle to talk to the actual techie doing the work, rather than the normal receptionist you can get a much better feel for exactly what is going on.

Back