flash meter on a budget

Name
Darren
Edit My Images
Yes
was just wondering what options there would be for getting a flash meter on a small budget would prefer digital.

I bought an as new one of these from the Cash Converters website for £70 - they were asking more but I put in an offer which they accepted. Worth checking them out from time to time.

Because, I happened to look at this thread, I'm now the owner of a flash meter..
£104 NOW on the lightning deal, good enough to rope me in. :D

THE MINOLta ones work well and you can sometimes pick one up very cheap

Hi

Keep an eye out for a Minolta Flashmeter 3 cheap as chips on the bay of evil and can often be had for around £30 which is a bit of a bargain considering how much they cost new.

An even cheaper option, if you have a smart phone there are a number of light meter apps that work realy well and even the paid for ones only cost a £1 or so, and there is one that works as a flash meter, and it's not the one that you have build a receptor for, some users report that it does not work but on my old Samsung S3 it works fine, one tip not mentioned in the instructions and is probably why some users couldn't get it to work is that it uses the front mounted (Selfy) camera not the main one on the back, so you use it as an insident meter reading the light falling on it not reflected from the subject. For a pound it's worth a go.

Paul

Back