Flash v Modelling lights

Edit My Images
Yes
273444522_9aaf6ef6a5_o.jpg

273444600_a063853314_o.jpg

273444567_5d64c8f816_o.jpg

The first two are using the Club flash set-up with sigma 18-200 and the last with 50mm 1.8 and modelling lights​

I'd say the first two need to be 'warmed up' a bit in your RAW converter - the lighting looks really cold. Pose-wise, the third is the best - it's just a shame it's a bit soft. What was the lighting setup?

They all look a bit soft to me, or is it my eyes this morning.
The light just looks too flat for me - might as well be a passport photo.

I'd agree with catdaddy on the temperature, I'm guessing that you had the camera on auto white balance as #2 doesn't look as cold and #3 looks possibly a little warm (but I'm splitting hairs)

#3 is definatly soft.
#2 & #1 are ever so slightly soft.

also I reckon that #1 & #2 are a little underexposed.

all IMHO (H for Humble), Davy

Catdaddy

Spot high right on hair unit in brolly low right and another mid height left set by a couple of the "oldies"

Made a bit of light relief and lent camera to a 14yr lass doing GCSE who braved the club and only had a couple of frames on her 35mm. Printed her up her originals and some "shopped" prints larger and put on CD so will drop in to the school tomorrow.

For me, only the first appears to be in focus on the area that everyone portrays as making a great portrait shot and that is the EYES.

The other 2 look like there is no focus on anything. They are very OOF.

274568788_9acb7f4e67_o.jpg

Tried to put a bit more life in this one - studio flash 125@f8
274568811_8092987670_o.jpg

Got my thermometer out and cooled this one down from the tungston lighting.
Keep the instructions coming!

the pasty skin tone of the model is tricky to work with, the other thread showed that you improved quickly though

I think the blur in the one with the rose looks more like camera shake to me than bad focus. It was 1/30" so Fangman was probably doing a bit of shaking! ;)

I think the blur in the one with the rose looks more like camera shake to me than bad focus. It was 1/30" so Fangman was probably doing a bit of shaking! ;)
At my age faced with a pretty 19 yr old it is not surprising!

Back