Flickr alternatives?

Edit My Images
No
I liked Flickr, but I understand the need for things to change. The radical change made at Yahoo HQ to Flickr really isn't to my liking though.

Can anyone suggest any alternative sites that make it easy to share and find photos? I've been thinking Google+ but would be open to ideas!

I liked Flickr, but I understand the need for things to change. The radical change made at Yahoo HQ to Flickr really isn't to my liking though.

Can anyone suggest any alternative sites that make it easy to share and find photos? I've been thinking Google+ but would be open to ideas!

Hi, I might have missed something but what exactly is this radical change to Flickr?

Maybe I'm in the minority of but I like the new look Flickr site.

Maybe I'm in the minority of but I like the new look Flickr site.

I am not against the look but I find it really hard to search for things now or add stuff to groups. For me it's like windows8. Looks good but for some reason is much harder to use!

Andy thanks for the suggestion. I've just checked out 500px, which I might trial, but I will look at all suggestions!

Last edited:
As I've said before just add ?details=1. to the end of your Flickr URL and your back in the past.

I send my images to groups via the organiser which hasn't changed.

I am not against the look but I find it really hard to search for things now or add stuff to groups. For me it's like windows8. Looks good but for some reason is much harder to use!

Andy thanks for the suggestion. I've just checked out 500px, which I might trial, but I will look at all suggestions!

I was a bit sceptical at first, but what has actually happened is that everything that used to be top left of an image page is now lower right - so stuff like adding to sets and groups is all there on the ... button [yes, it really is 3 dots] and the search seems to work just as it did but with a drop down now for advanced search.

What about Fotki?

They give you a free account with 5GB space and you can ask for 300MB of free aditional space every 30 days. At first, the interface doesn't look very user friendly or intuitive, but it's only a matter of time and getting used to it.

I was a Flickr Pro member and I cancelled my account because the recent policy changes by Yahoo HQ and moved my albums to Fotki, it's not the best photo sharing service but not the worse either, I'm very happy with it. The only thing I miss of Flickr are the groups, Fotki doesn't have groups to share you photos with other members. But they allow hotlink like Flickr to share your photos in forums like this.

:)

I opened an ipernity account last night as I'm saving money by not paying for Flickr anymore. Twenty quid for the year. If its bobbins I will cancel it! Looks good. It has groups but not many people in them yet!

I have an Ipernity account too but it has the same limitations as the old Flickr:

https://www.ipernity.com/club

For free accounts:

Add photos, videos and docs: Up to 200MB of content uploaded per month

Maximum size of a photo, a video, a doc: 30Mo

Access to your photos, your videos and your docs: Only the last 200 items added are accessible (this limitation will be applied soon)

Ability to download to your computer - and offer to download - your photos, your videos, your documents: NO

Browse ipernity ad free: No, ads may appear

Priority customer support: NO

Thanks for the replies. I've checked out ipernity but not convinced. Will give them all some thought though :)

What about Fotki?

They give you a free account with 5GB space and you can ask for 300MB of free aditional space every 30 days. At first, the interface doesn't look very user friendly or intuitive, but it's only a matter of time and getting used to it.

I was a Flickr Pro member and I cancelled my account because the recent policy changes by Yahoo HQ and moved my albums to Fotki, it's not the best photo sharing service but not the worse either, I'm very happy with it. The only thing I miss of Flickr are the groups, Fotki doesn't have groups to share you photos with other members. But they allow hotlink like Flickr to share your photos in forums like this.

:)

I used to use Fotki a lot as a backup. Then they decided to take away things I had already paid for.

Hi, I might have missed something but what exactly is this radical change to Flickr?

Rich, seriously? The whole site changed a short while ago.
The way it looks, the way it works.....
It's hideous.

Back