Flight through time

i wouldn't mind guessing the op is near suicidal by now. so as mentioned earlier it would be nice to offer some advice and help or examples of our own attempts. i was forced into doing things like this on a course i did last year in college, reluctantly i put together three composites, had to write a tutorial on each one too :geek: our lecturer loved montage by the way :cautious:

storm in a giant teacup
http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/af125/s-drop/storminagiantteacup.jpg
cyber attack
http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/af125/s-drop/cyberattack.jpg
levitate me
http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/af125/s-drop/comeonpilgrim.jpg

the last one is something i wanted to do rather than be forced into lol
its more of an exclusion than a composite but it is made up from two images and has the pixies "come on pilgrim" as inspiration

Some really good stuff here, the levitation works really well(y)

TBH mate, as nice as I try and put things...I feel I've been licking a rather big book of stamps laced with LSD.

Thats a new keyboard you owe me ... coffee all over mine :LOL:

To the OP if you want to see some truly excellent examples of this kind of thing check out the 'how would you edit this photo' thread - in particular the posts by zerocool, mr g, and leftcurl

Wow remind me never to make a collage and ask you lot for your opinion, being polite is not patronising its civilised human behaviour, you just tore this guy a new one over an image :wacky: .

As for the image, I don't mind it, I certainly don't have the strong feelings some have exhibited before me. Try saturating it a bit more, bringing the greens back into the grass may breathe life into it.

Last edited:
Wow remind me never to make a collage and ask you lot for your opinion, being polite is not patronising its civilised human behaviour, you just tore this guy a new one over an image :wacky: .

I've just read the thread back and I can't see anyone being rude - honest yes, but not rude. If the OP wasnt prepared to accept honest criticism then he shouldnt have asked for it

If he only wanted everyone to go "oh your so clever and talented" then there are places for that (Flikr springs to mind) but this isnt one of them

Also I'd note that both admins and a moderator have been posting in this thread - surely they'd have the best feel for what is acceptable.

I've just read the thread back and I can't see anyone being rude - honest yes, but not rude. If the OP wasnt prepared to accept honest criticism then he shouldnt have asked for it

If he only wanted everyone to go "oh your so clever and talented" then there are places for that (Flikr springs to mind) but this isnt one of them

Also I'd note that both admins and a moderator have been posting in this thread - surely they'd have the best feel for what is acceptable.

One guy says the clock dial looks like a 5yo did it, another guy said he'd be embarresed to produce this image, the mod clearly told you all to stop it because you were giving him a "shoe-ing" and he also "tidied up " the thread so god knows what it was like before. they go on to talk among eachother in his own thread about how he's not fit to run photoshop classes based on this one first attempt. And there is a general sense of the pi## being taken like that guys re edit for example.

Proper critique ,good or bad ,is acceptable but there is a more personal attack going on here and a lot of comments that could have been worded in a more grown up manner. It seems that people want to appear funny to the group at this guys expense, reminds me of watching people get bullied at highschool.

I don't believe that you can't see that, its pretty obvious.

One guy says the clock dial looks like a 5yo did it, another guy said he'd be embarresed to produce this image, the mod clearly told you all to stop it because you were giving him a "shoe-ing" and he also "tidied up " the thread so god knows what it was like before. they go on to talk among eachother in his own thread about how he's not fit to run photoshop classes based on this one first attempt. And there is a general sense of the pi## being taken like that guys re edit for example.

Proper critique ,good or bad ,is acceptable but there is a more personal attack going on here and a lot of comments that could have been worded in a more grown up manner. It seems that people want to appear funny to the group at this guys expense, reminds me of watching people get bullied at highschool.

I don't believe that you can't see that, its pretty obvious.

if you have concerns you should RTM.

One guy says the clock dial looks like a 5yo did it, another guy said he'd be embarresed to produce this image,.

yeah but the clock dial does look like a five year old did it, and I (and the person who said it originally) would have been embarrassed to produce anything so poor... like I said honesty

If someone wants everyone to pat him on the head and tell him how talented and special he is , he should just show the work to his mummy and daddy. Out in the real world he can't be suprised when people tell it like it is.

The forum admin said that it was like he'd "been licking a big book of stamps soaked in LSD" - presumably you arent saying you know better than marcel what is appropriate on his own forum.

I'm not going to pursue the OT argument (as that is against the rules) but suffice to say if you think anyones post on this thread is inapropriate just hit the RTM button

Worryingly, this is twice in under 24 hours that i've agreed with something Pete's said.

I could well have tidied up the thread far more than I did. Had I done that, frankly, I'd also have had to have removed comments from 2 of the owners of the forum, along with what I considered to have been an attempt to "lighten the mood" somewhat with a somewhat jokey re-edit. If I'd have done that, frankly, there'd have been no thread left apart from a couple of (sorry if this offends the members concerned) comments little better than "nice shot" - saying you like something is fine, but it's not going to help improve Chaz's image, which, I'm pretty sure most of us agree IS actually pretty fundamentally flawed - hence why I assume he posted on here - for helpful hints as to how to improve the work.

We don't tend to over-moderate on this board - The fact that I've been forced to keep posting urging people to stay on track, stop posting critique on other members shots, change photo's into links to help focus the discussion back to Chaz's image and now, to keep the discussion going astray again means that I've probably put more work into this single thread than any other in my time in green. Why? because I enjoy tidying up after people? - no. Because I want Chaz to get some information he needs to aid his progress in working on this kind of shot? Spot On!

So, here's where I agree with Pete (and worryingly also with Joe (shudders)) - If you don't like it, don't bleat on in here, press the RTM button.

(and breathe......)

So, here's where I agree with Pete (and worryingly also with Joe (shudders)) - If you don't like it, don't bleat on in here, press the RTM button.

I'm not sure if i'm more worried about the wookie/moose meeting of minds :cautious:, or the fact that this means that Joe and I are also in agreement :help:

(and breathe......)

At some point all Mods will agree with me at least once - don't fight it! It's less painful if you just accept it :LOL:

Still skimming over my points with generalisations but okie dokie I'll leave ya'll to it, too nice a day to argue in here, im off to take some pics...benefits of working for yourself.

Btw whats the RTM button? is that report to mod?...if so its a bit pointless considering there are a few in this thread.

Last edited:
The RTM is that little red triangle in the bottom right corner of each post - it sends a message to the admin board where every mod on duty can see it , and its the best way of highlighting something you feel is out of line

that said if theres a thread going on with several mods and admins posting and they don't see a problem with whats being said... well you can draw your own conclusions.

very good piece of fine art photography..your utilising your skill in photography to create a piece of art work..that does have a clear message.I love it..It is surreal,individual and your perception on something you see..
great piece of work
niki
x

Back