Flop idol

S

Sean_Mcr

Talent show in the print works Manchester last Saturday. The most benign music i've ever heard, the only reason i shot it was because two jokers (paid) were making a awful mess and i was talking to the parents of the girls. I'll show some examples of bodgit and scarpers positions when i've re-sized them

65657096.xo19vXnW.flopidol.jpg

Digging those leggings :love: :D

looking foward to bodgit and scarpers shots :D

I wonder where society is heading sometimes...... :shrug:

It's great to think a photographer's role is occasionally just to record for prosperity.

I'd say the acts were shot from the back over 50% of the time as shown below. There's a dip on the other side of that stage, there's nothing to see from that position but backs.

They had access to the stage for some post performance shots, but they chose to stay down, if you position yourself under your subject for a standard group portrait they have to look down, and you have yourself a sea of double chins

I've only reisized this shot that's all, i've no interest in it beyond illustrating my point

65739096.HMazQVxf.20D019s.jpg

yup thats very poor, i wonder how much they got paid??

It's great to think a photographer's role is occasionally just to record for prosperity.

Or, as the photogs at the back were doing, posteriority :exit:

sometimes 'Pro' doesn't always mean 'good at what you do'...its more a marketing ability game that talent saddly. thats not to say there aren't some talented guys doing it but...well, there's an aweful lot of dross out there...

not to mention dubious singing talent.

I have no idea what they got paid, if they were charging nothing it would have been too much

When they were shot from the front they were blasted with flash during their act, and though the event was a bit of a joke to me, it's obviously important to the kids. So blasting them with flash is not going to help them concentrate

My shot is quite dull as i had little interest in shooting them, i'm sure the parents and hopefully the girls will like it.

Back