Flow

Stunning! Love the way the image is split half and half - the red and yellow of the sunrise breaking the parts up. I think I could look at this picture all day!

This is very very nice but I have to disagree with Nookie about the 50% split. Cropping a bit of the sky would be an improvement IMHO.

Lovely image. Great colour and nice complementing curves in the sea and rocks. Would have to agree with Donna about the cropping. (y)

Funny, my first thought was; "Hmm, a central horizon - that's not allowed according to the rule book :nono:".

Well, ***** the rule book :D, it works well for me. It gives it a slightly abstract quality that I like (y). Fantastic colours, too.

Many thanks all, much appreciated. With regard to the crop I found that in this instance the sky/clouds mirrored the sea/rocks and if I cropped anything from the top I'd lose the symmetry.

:)

great shot mate.. beautiful sky there... I have rarely seen colorful twilights like this one this year unfortunately :bang:

Hi Et, how are you?

Being on the east coast means we get the early morning light, so this is dawn rather than later.

;)

I have nothing to critique on this image, other than I think it's pretty awesome.

amazing scene. love the light playing on the surface of those rocks. and a great example of the sig 10-20. Maybe I should keep mine now...? I've yet to really put it through its paces.

I just viewed the 1024 version, and it's suprisingly grainy towards the top of the clouds, given it's shot at ISO 100. Is that just the PP compression?

I just viewed the 1024 version, and it's suprisingly grainy towards the top of the clouds, given it's shot at ISO 100. Is that just the PP compression?

Hi, the noise is probably due to the sky being dark and I've had to lighten it (badly) in pp. I really should use Reverse grads. Did you view large in flickr?

Nice image, clouds work well mirroring the flow of the water.

I too, think you could afford to lose a bit from the top, the clouds are all but gone by then anyway.

I don't think the grads have been used to the best effect, a reverse would be nice as you said, but it looks as if you haven't gone down to horizon with at least one of them anyway. I'm assuming it's the post work lightening the sky that's left it looking a little blotchy as well.

A bit of a re-work on the processing would give you a cracking shot though. (y)

Back