Critique Flowers and a bit of frickle frackle..:)

Cg_Girl

Jamie Oliver's best friend.
Name
T.
Edit My Images
Yes
Well it has been sometime since i picked my camera up and i thought my mojo and pretty much divorced me but coming in to this part of the forum recently seems to be gently reviving it... i'm hoping to pop down the road to a gorgeous manor gardens maybe later or tomorrow as it's on my doorstep...

Anyway i decided to pop into my garden first, I'm the sort of person that is technically clueless, to the point i fiddle until i like what i see and that's it, very much trial and error i guess...

These shots are by far the best, plenty of muck ups, if i'm honest i paid far too little attention to settings and didn't even realise i had the damn flash on, it certainly wasn't needed.... i hope it hasn't killed the shots completely! anyway i am posting these more to give myself a kick up the ass to get out:D

I don't have a macro, just the 18-135mm that my camera came with so anything i shoot for now will just be however close i can get, maybe then i can look into extension tubes or something along those lines with an extremely limited budget.....

Ps.... i've not posted using Flickr since it all changed so i have no idea if they will even show:eek:

IMG_1932 by Cg_girl, on Flickr

Frickle Frackling bugs:D focus not the best either..
Frickle frackling by Cg_girl, on Flickr

This is an older shot, no clue what it is either:D
IMG_1434 by Cg_girl, on Flickr

Good to see the Mojo is returning T

No 1 has a little too much space right of shot for me

quick edit

No2 is as you say out of focus

No3 however: is an absolute cracker, I love it, maybe with a slight crop, to place the main stems a little to the left of the image

Les ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you M.... i rather like the edit on the first it works better(y)

#3 yes i can see where you are coming from with that, i have done so many variations with that one lol:D

Thank you M.... i rather like the edit on the first it works better(y)

#3 yes i can see where you are coming from with that, i have done so many variations with that one lol:D

Like this

slight crop, Un-sharp mask @ 25% and a black border

Les ;)

Ok second attempt at responding to this (my internet connection really is bad atm)

You know flowers really aren't my bag, but I'm loving that last one. I agree with the crops being made, but think I prefer the square crop on the pink one. I think you should keep an eye out for a Groupon deal for a large canvas ;)

T I think the most important statement was I fiddle till I like what I see. Sod techincal. Techinally you are a very good togger from what I've seen.

Keep doing what you like.

IMHO I liked original edit on 1 but can see the use in the cropped too.

As for black borders dont turn into Les it wont be good for your health. Yes it looks great with border.

T I think the most important statement was I fiddle till I like what I see. Sod techincal. Techinally you are a very good togger from what I've seen.

Keep doing what you like.

IMHO I liked original edit on 1 but can see the use in the cropped too.

As for black borders dont turn into Les it wont be good for your health. Yes it looks great with border.

Thank you Bryn and the 'sod technical' does make me feel better!

Turning into Les... hahahahahaha god help me please:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::D

Oh no don't lose your mojo yo!! Lovely set, in particular the last shot :)

Thanks Matt, appreciated.. it's been gone probably since last summer so it's about time it made an appearance:)

I really like the first two, cropped as they are. I like the composition of the second one so much that I don't particularly care about the softness of the insects.

The last one looks a bit flat to me - Lez's unsharp mask improves that I think.

i fiddle until i like what i see and that's it, very much trial and error i guess...

That makes two of us. :)

Thank you Nick:D

The last one, yes i liked Les' edit, my problem is i can't always see when something is flat, maybe because i don't fully understand it or what to look for....( i don't even know if i make sense lol)

You found some great colours there T and lovely creamy backgrounds to boot.

Know exactly what you mean about seeing the best way to edit shots I struggle with that too:)
but you definitely don't struggle with composition the second is great and really like the third one superb and Les's edit has really made the shot:)
agree with Tim Les's second edit would look great printed

What a read the bicker between T & Les -- well funny :banana:

Onto business T I'm glad you've got some mojo back & if you're like me it's thanks to the guys around this section :clap:

I like critters but feel it may be more so to look at than take but I may try the 'Les Style' flower approach as they (the flowers) stand still for longer :)

Keep them coming & not too 'horrid' to our mutual matey :D

You found some great colours there T and lovely creamy backgrounds to boot.

Thank Alby very much appreciated:D

Know exactly what you mean about seeing the best way to edit shots I struggle with that too:)
but you definitely don't struggle with composition the second is great and really like the third one superb and Les's edit has really made the shot:)
agree with Tim Les's second edit would look great printed

Thank you Pete, my problem is i am so random with everything, sometimes i want to keep things relatively natural, other times i want to get creative but it's that happy medium and when to stop etc, i blame not knowing 'how to' on so much stuff, but it could also be back to the Random T thing lol :D

What a read the bicker between T & Les -- well funny :banana:

Onto business T I'm glad you've got some mojo back & if you're like me it's thanks to the guys around this section :clap:

I like critters but feel it may be more so to look at than take but I may try the 'Les Style' flower approach as they (the flowers) stand still for longer :)

Keep them coming & not too 'horrid' to our mutual matey :D

Les and i... well you got to have a bit of a giggle haven't you... but he's a good bloke really ( shhhhhh)

I have to agree whole heartedly, coming back in here as been great, the banter, the advice between everyone etc it all helps and it's rather lovely ( mushy/gag)

I like the critters too but i'm not sure if i'll be able to get many, unless they play ball and get into easy to access positions for me lol :D... Les style flowers is always good plus there is so much scope to play and all the various flowers you can use, and water etc:D

Back