Flowing streams of Dartmoor

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
So popped of to the Burrator Reservoir again the other day and although the sunset was a bit rubbish because of the haze i did feel I had more luck taking some shots of the streams that flow into the reservoir. So here they are:

#1 - My fav I think :)
7024252021_ef02e9415e_z.jpg

6878375896_28c259f8ea_z.jpg

7024474513_e10279137a_z.jpg

Any C+C welcome :)

Last edited:
nice job, think no.2 is the better one. What was yr settings pls as just found out I have a watterfall near where I've just moved to!

Number 2 for me too Paul. I like it's simplicity, a bit less cluttered than the others with less harsh highlights in the background. Lovely.

I love No. 2. :clap: Don't let what I say next spoil that.

Sad to say, I can see it as one of those god-awful motivational posters.

You know the sort of thing, meaningless waffle in big print to be pronounced by the likes of David Brent, "Achieve Success - harness the current to achieve your goals" :bang:

This is a nice set of images. All very crisp moss on the rocks contrasting with the silky water.

If I had to choose, it would be the first or second one for me.

Thanks a lot to everyones lovely comments :) Interesting to find most people preferred the second one :thinking:

nice job, think no.2 is the better one. What was yr settings pls as just found out I have a watterfall near where I've just moved to!

I think these were all shot at about 0.8 second exposure time and somewhere between F13 and F16. Play around with the exposure time, I find generally the faster the water flow the less need for a super slow shutter speed to blur the water too look milky.

I love No. 2. :clap: Don't let what I say next spoil that.

Sad to say, I can see it as one of those god-awful motivational posters.

You know the sort of thing, meaningless waffle in big print to be pronounced by the likes of David Brent, "Achieve Success - harness the current to achieve your goals" :bang:

Well I certainly never saw it being used for that haha made me chuckle though :)

Really like them all, but 1 stands out. Transitioning from peaceful scene at the top into the 'motion' of the water at the bottom works well for me!

Back