Flyball Photos

Edit My Images
Yes
My first serious outing with the R6 Mk2 and 70-200 f2.8. Indoor lighting was firmly average so these have had a dose of denoise applied to clean them up a bit. Flyball is a bit niche but fantastic fun and a definite challenge from a photography point of view.

Mostly sharing for awareness of the sport, but I know the wealth of experience on here so c&c welcomed.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
My first serious outing with the R6 Mk2 and 70-200 f2.8. Indoor lighting was firmly average so these have had a dose of denoise applied to clean them up a bit. Flyball is a bit niche but fantastic fun and a definite challenge from a photography point of view.

Mostly sharing for awareness of the sport, but I know the wealth of experience on here so c&c welcomed.

Enjoy!
I think you may have forgotten something.

On a positive note they seem to be sharp, in-focus, and well exposed. However if you want critique then I would suggest that you post half a dozen images in this thread with the watermark removed.

In general I would not have posted the images where you have cut off the dogs paws, and I definitely would not have posted the images where the dog is half-hidden behind the owners legs, especially the ones where you have a close up of the owners backside.

Thanks, I'll make sure to do that at a later date. Haha that's fair comment on the owners, although I'm less bothered about the paws. Thanks :).

Same applies as with most sports - get low. Down to the dogs' eye level.

The kind of venues I turn up to and cry, and then spend the majority of the job trying to perfect the white balance.

The kind of venues I turn up to and cry, and then spend the majority of the job trying to perfect the white balance.
Tricky with there being some natural light coming in but I really like the expodisc. Usually take a custom white balance with that and dial it in to the other bodies.

I see those trials on the internet now and them. Love watching dog's do what they do. In fact if you showed a photo of a dog sleeping I'm afraid I'd love it!

Back