Flying Legends

Great colours and very crisp, much better weather than today when it was pretty much grey sky as a backdrop.

Would have liked a bit more prop blur in these

Good stuff - The Mustang gets my vote even if the sky wasn't offering you much on this one.

Lovely set, I will have a look on Flickr. I was there yesterday too, lovely day as always.

Those mk1 spits sounded beautiful

Thanks Jonathan, the sound is wonderful, when they go over low its a good feeling.

Great colours and very crisp, much better weather than today when it was pretty much grey sky as a backdrop.

Would have liked a bit more prop blur in these

Thanks Simon, I struggle with prop blur and shutter speed. With a heavy lens, no IS, and slower shutter I get mostly soft images.

Good stuff - The Mustang gets my vote even if the sky wasn't offering you much on this one.

Thanks Phil, the sky was variable all afternoon. Them Mustangs do look and sound good.

lovely shots , I will post some when time permits , fantastic day if a little cloudy , never seen so many spitfires together.

I started out at 1/250, and I got nice prop blur and plane blur. Then I upped it to 1/320 and 1/400, at 1/320 I got a few keepers, at 1/400 most were good.

1/250 is probably the ideal place to be. You need to practice though so the plane stays sharp. There is not enough prop blur imo at 1/320 or 1/400.

I think the shot of the corsair is the best from your set.

Cheers.

1/250 is probably the ideal place to be. You need to practice though so the plane stays sharp. There is not enough prop blur imo at 1/320 or 1/400.

I think the shot of the corsair is the best from your set.

Cheers.

Thanks Harry, the Lancaster was at 1/250, it was the smaller faster planes I was struggling with. I just need more practice with a heavy lens I think.

Back