Flying the Osprey

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
Yes
I had the incredible privilege back in April to join the 7th SOS at RAF Mildenhall for a sortie in one of their CV-22B Ospreys.

Bell-Boeing CV-22B Osprey 07-0033 - 7th Special Operations Squadron - United States Air Force
by Ben Montgomery, on Flickr

Bell-Boeing CV-22B Osprey 07-0033 - 7th Special Operations Squadron - United States Air Force

Needless to say it was one of the coolest things I've ever done - sitting on the open ramp on the way back with night vision goggles was one of those "am I really doing this?" moments. I really hope you're interested enough to read more - see below! :)

http://www.aeroresource.co.uk/articles/2015/flying-the-cv-22b-osprey-mildenhall/

Cheers,

Ben

Cracking stuff, certainly looks like you made the most of your opportunity!

They're just brilliant..no ifs, no buts. That second one gives a real feel of what it's like airborne and in that position..Not something I'd be comfortable with though.....acrophobia and all that lol

Considering what these things cost it should have been a very memorable trip, lol.
Wicked photos, great job!

Tony

Really cool, read your article - fantastic write up. Being ex-mil I've been able to get some great rides but still envious!

Back