focus on imaging show nec

Name
karl
Edit My Images
Yes
Is on this weekend at Birmingham. Anyone ever been and if so is there deals to be had on lenses that you wouldn't get else where?

Hopefully as of this week I'll be in the market for a 24-70 2.8 and a 70-200 2.8.

I've been told by my local independent that they are doing deals on some camera bodies, so I expect some lenses to also have some offers about. Bit of pot luck I think from past experience.

May have a venture then just in case. If not it's a day out

If I went it would only be the first day. At work in the week

I've been told by my local independent that they are doing deals on some camera bodies, so I expect some lenses to also have some offers about. Bit of pot luck I think from past experience.

Good deals on 5DIII or 1DsIII would be nice :naughty:

I am going Sunday morning and Wednesday afternoon to hopefully net at least a bargain bag or a new tripod

10 quid on the door. 8 in advance. But being as it's this weekend safer to go on the door. Under 14's free

I was there on the last day last year and I didn't notice anything that was any more reduced because it was the last day. I think any bargains will be the same price all the days and will be gone when they are gone.

I think the pre-booked tickets have to be booked before Thursday if I remember correctly.

I'm going with my brother on the Monday to have a look at some things rather than to buy, although I could be tempted......:naughty:

Been the last two years but won't bother this year. They do have some decent deals now and then but one of the main places to get good deals was the massive Jacobs stand which obviously won't be there this year.

Two years ago I remember they were doing brand new 7D bodies for £999 which, at the time, was an absolute steal.

I'm pretty close to NEC (150 miles return) but thinking that the cost of fuel, subsistence, car parking and entry is a fair slice off the retail price of something I'd possibly buy. Maybe next year for me.

I've been a couple of times now and any offers tend to be the same for all the days - especially for expensive items.

Last year Jacobs had some reasonable offers on - nothing to set the world alight, but a saving none the less

Who was this ?

Just so I can go and have a look on their pitch...

I will be there on Monday....:D

pay for it when leaving and don't forget to stay past 6PM :LOL::wave: No hassle whatsoever
I thought you had to pay when you drive in to the carpark? If not maybe I will stay a bit later than planned...:naughty:

I go every year, never any real bargains, there are some that are dressed up to be lol but nothing you can't get online! Car park details are as above unless you have a disabled badge where as its free and you park by the door! Take refreshments is a good tip!

I thought you had to pay when you drive in to the carpark? If not maybe I will stay a bit later than planned...:naughty:

No, you can pay on the way out and as daugirdas has said, it's a lot easier later on as there's no queues. Plus there are kiosks in the NEC that are sometimes open that you can pay at.

I never understand those that drive all the way and then spend their first 30 mins queueing to pay their car park:wacky:

It's the same expensive price all day, just make sure you don't spend up and have none left for the attendants as can't see them taking an IOU:bonk:

Best parking is at the railway station. £3 cheaper and no need for a shuttle bus, just walk into the station and its about 5 minutes walk along an enclosed passageway.

Pay machines are in the station - I've never had to Queue

David

http://vintageman.zenfolio.com/

That's a pretty good suggestion! I parked there once on a Sunday and it was smashing to get to the airport.

The after 6pm thing happened to me one year too. ;)

Are Sundays normaly heaving?

I normally go on the Monday but thinking about giving the sunday a go this time.

andrewc said:
NEC car park fee's gone up to £ 10, and you can either pay as you walk out of the car park or as you walk back in. If you leave it late, the staff go off duty and you can just drive out.

Great ! I'll try all Nikon lenses to kill some time ;)

Back