Focus ST sunset

Name
matt
Edit My Images
Yes
I posted a few photos of this car a few months ago with varying feeback, the owner has just fitted 18" RS replica wheels and sprayed a few trim pieces bodycolour/black so wanted some new shots of it, heres my favourites from the shoot -

5235098509_bd06e32771_b.jpg

5235098513_80849e658d_b.jpg

5235098497_f259cd1570_b.jpg

5235098505_ca4c9bf1d3_z.jpg

would have been good if he'd washed it first! but nevermind, its meant to be driven :D

I am no pro, but first off, it definitely needs to be clean!

I think 3 is the best shot, but it still lacks something. The car doesn't stand out as much, and I assume that this is down to minimal flash available?

I've heard black cars are the most difficult to shoot, so on that note, a nice attempt :)
Nice car, my Type R would have smoked it though! :p

I agree with the above in the that the car needs to be clean!

number 1 doesnt do anything for me I'm afraid - the background is just too bland

number 2 for me is really spoilt, not enhanced by the oof branches

number 3 same as number 1 comment wise

number 4 my fav by far, like the oof speed camera sign - but again the car could have done with a clean! Also it might be just me but I think it might have worked better looking forward along the car towards the sign rather than along the back and away.

Oh and it might be my monitor but you could have done with some lighting to bring the nearside of the car out a bit more and give it a bit more 'punch'

Just my opinion of course!!

Regards

Neil

For me,

1 - looks a little noisy and generally nothing that makes me think "wow"

2 - I think the idea is right, playing with DOF, but the OOF branch is way too distracting IMO

3 - car is UO i reckon, would have been good to do 2 shots and merge them, also i think the tyre tracks can be a little distracting?

4 - sharp and I like it but unfortunately the dirt ruins it i think

All sounds negative I know but I did struggle to pick anything to WOW about, just my opinions though...give it a clean next time ;)

And did you use a tripod?

1- Maybe would of been better if it was photographed from a lower level, with the wheels straight and with some better lighting/lens. Maybe a HDR
2- Doesn't really do much for me
3- Pretty much the same as number one
4- Would look better taken from the back of the car looking towards the front.

If car photography is something that interests you then take a look at this
http://www.swdubs.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=207
Some of the build threads on here contain some really well composed photo's. And will give you a good idea of some better angles.

Im gonna go to a dub meet with my boyfriend, hopefully will be able to get some good shots :)

1 - lighting is not right for me; the car shape doesn't jump out. Plus the messy floor (snow) just draw my eye....

2 - Never really that keen on these kinds of shots, they're neither detail shots nor full body shots.

3 - best shot of the bunch; good angle, car is positioned well and the composition is good... I even don't mind the tree. Just lacks punch and that would best come from a flash fired from camera right to fill in the paintwork and work against the background as fill. Potential in that one for definite.

4 - Just a detail shot of a wheel arch and a tyre. Not for me

My advice would be to get hold of a flashgun that you can trigger wirelessly and start putting light in where it needs it. It's a dark colour so polished up and with a flash picking up the lines, they'd look much better. Positive start....

Back