Foldable Softbox for travel/outdoors

Edit My Images
No
Getting a bit keen on using off camera flash and looking to purchase a foldable softbox for using outdoors. intend to use it occasionally so looking to buy something at the budget end of the market.

Any suggestions? Also do I need to watch out for anything in particular. I intend to use it with Canon 580 ex and 430 ex ii

Cheers

If you want something to act LIKE a softbox that will go in your camera bag the ROGUE is ideal. I have the bigger one with three metal strips across the back. I used to use the Lumiquest, but they fall apart being plastic with plastic hinges.

The Rogue is distributed, if it isn't made by, Lowepro - can't recommend it highly enough. Not expensive, gives a good spread of light and is versatile, you can bend it, flag it one side, roll it up to make a snoot....the best travel softener I have found. I have 2 of them I was so pleased with the first.

I bought this, surprisingly well made and very impressed with it, so much so when ive got some spare pennies im buying another

24in Softbox

Last edited:
Cant go wrong with the Lencarta folding Octobox, various sizes and really good quality.

Invest in a strobies adaptor (y) Sigh its all money:bang:

The troublke with those portable softboxes (and yes, I use them too, on stands) is in any kind of wind they get blown over - I have ot sandbag the stands heavily and the cheaper ones get bent out of shape in strong wind.

I got one of those folding eBay 30x30 ones - does a fine job as a diffuser. They fold down fairly compact and seem tough enough.

The bracket is well made and adjustable to fit any flash. They clip in the rear of the box, which is okay but won't hold the box against strong breezes.

I got one with a ball head that didn't last any time at all. For £25 or so you can't expect the best quality I suppose.....

Back