Football action shots

Edit My Images
Yes
This was my first go at taking some action shots at a local footie match last saturday.

1eFootieMatch.jpg

1cFootieMatch.jpg

composition on first is better than second which is poor... but first is visually poor as too much sharpening... as a guideline you really should be able to read the sponsors logo

I'll move this to sports.

For a first attempt they are not too bad. They look like they are crops from a larger picture and that combined with the processing has meant you ended up with a lack of detail. Shots like this are usually high contrast so that aspect of your processing is Ok but they do have a look like they have had noise reduction or something that has smoothed colours into plain blocks without detail.

If you try again maybe wait until the action is closer so you do not need to crop. If you are not shooting RAW then maybe the camera processing settings for jpeg are a bit high?

composition on first is better than second which is poor... but first is visually poor as too much sharpening... as a guideline you really should be able to read the sponsors logo

Agree with good Kipax on this one! First one is the better composed image from the two.
The second image just does not 'do much' for me.

But from the angle of the shots, I can see you have good access around the pitch. So as this was your first attempt at the sport. I do recommend you go back and give it another go.

I mean you've got the ball in both images, so that I suppose is what they all try to tell you 'should' have in most images. The first image is a nice moment you've captured.. just work a little on getting in focusing right and it would be a great image.

I always try to get the player with the ball facing towards the camera, not sure if that is the 'right' way to go about it but that's what works for me.

Hope to see more images from your next try at the game... and just keep practicing and you will find that your images will improve quickly!! (y)

Back