Ports
Printer compatibility
Power supply
Battery capacity
Dimensions (W x H x D)
Weight
Scope of delivery
LEICA D-LUX 4
LEICA DC VARIO-SUMMICRON 5.1–12.8 mm f/2.0–2.8 ASPH.
8 elements in 6 groups, 4 aspherical elements/4 aspherical surfaces,
2.5x optical zoom, digital zoom max. 4x, integrated optical image stabilizer.
5.1–12.8 mm (= 24–60 mm in 35 mm photography).
Wide-angle f2/f8.0 (1/3 EV steps), Telephoto f2.8/f8.0 (1/3 EV steps).
AF: Face recognition, AF tracking, 11-field, 1-field-high-speed, 1-field, 1-spot.
1:1.63” CCD sensor with 11.3 million total pixels.
10.1 million
Auto/80/100/200/400/800/1600/3200
Auto, sun, overcast sky, shade, flash lighting, halogen lighting, White Set 1, White Set 2.
Automatic program, shutter speed priority, aperture priority, manual; manual override ±2 EV in 1/3 steps,
automatic bracketing (3 exposures with ± 1/3 to 1 EV steps).
Choice of multi-field metering, center-weighted averaging, spot metering.
P/A/S/M/Custom 1/Custom2/iA/Scene/Video
Scene modes Portrait, soft skin, self-portrait, landscape, sport, night portrait, night landscape, food, party, candlelight,
baby1, baby 2, sunset, high-sensitivity, starry sky, fireworks, beach, snow, aerial photo, high-speed series, flash series,
film grain, pinhole camera.
60–1/2000 s
2 s or 10 s countdown.
Standard, dynamic, natural, soft, decorative, nostalgic, b/w standard, b/w dynamic, b/w soft, My film 1, My film 2,
Multi Film.
4:3 format (max. 10 MP) 3648 x 2736, 3072 x 2304, 2560 x 1920, 2048 x 1536, 1600 x 1200, 640 x 480.
3:2 format (max. 9.5 MP) 3776 x 2520, 3168 x 2112, 2656 x 1768, 2112 x 1048, 2048 x 1360.
16:9 format (max. 9 MP) 3968 x 2232, 3328 x 1872, 2784 x 1568, 2208 x 1248, 1920 x 1080.
16:9 format HD 1280 x 720 (24 fps), 848 x 480 (30 fps).
4:3 format 640 x 480 (30 fps), 320 x 240 (30 fps, 10 fps).
Fine/Standard; RAW/RAW + standard/RAW + fine
2.5 fps. Max. 8 images (standard), 4 images (fine), 3 images (RAW).
Approx. 6 photos (3 MP with 4:3), (2.5 MP with 3:2), (2 MP with 16:9).
Auto/Auto+Anti-red-eye/Long-time Synchro+Anti-red-eye/ Flash always/Flash off, 1st /2nd shutter curtain.
3“ TFT-LCD (3:2), 460,000 pixel, wide-angle field of view approx. 100 per cent.
Overview (12/30 images, calendar), zoom, favorites, categories, slide show, picture rotation, alteration of resolution and
cropping, deletion protection, photo from video, double image, larger focus field, horizon correction.
Built-in memory (50 MB), SD memory card, SDHC memory card and MultiMedia card.
Built-in
DC input/AV output (NTSC/PAL), USB 2.0 high-speed, mains unit.
PictBridge
Lithium-ion battery or optional mains unit/charger.
380 photos (as per CIPA standard).
108.7 x 59.5 x 27.1 mm
228 g
Camera with lens cap (incl. loop) and wriststrap, battery charger, lithium-ion battery, battery case, A/V cable, USB cable,
DVD with comprehensive software package.
Page 1 of 1 / As at September 2008 / Specifications are subject to change without notice
Leica Camera AG / Oskar-Barnack-Straße 11 / D-35606 Solms / Telephone +49 (0) 6442-208-0 / Telefax +49 (0) 6442-208-333 / leica-camera.com

The spec is very good for a compact and there's a lot I like but I don't know if there is any difference electronically unless it is some of the features that are unique to this camera. I not that familiar with compacts so I don't know. At the end of the day though it's the photographer that takes the pictures and manages the reflective light issues, not the camera (accepting good glass is a major help to achieving a good result).

Dam this thread for I has sinned too...

D_LUX_4.jpg

many others may follow your reckless actions...

D'oh... :bonk:

After so many D-Lux 4 threads recently it was, I'm afraid, inevitable for me to succumb... ... and boy am I pleased I did as it is a stupendously beautiful and sexy little beast imhgo... :love:

Sod the expense I say... :D ... the D-Lux 4 is a rare thing of beauty and second best just would not do for me... ... I would have even gone for the Titanium version had it not been it is just the colouration rather than the metal and for me Leica is Black ... or Green... end of... :naughty:

Might need to slightly adjust my siggy now though... :shrug:

Just ever so slightly... :D

:p

Well done old bean, you have chosen wisely. :D

:LOL: ... Me and everyone else cajoled by Ali and this thread... :cautious:

I think so though Daz... :D ... it's a real cracker... :love:

Ahhhh Ven, tis a lovely little beast. :)

Now, let's see your shots with it...........................................................................................................................................................................................I'm waiting.................................:)

Good for you, blasted money is no use in the bank these days so sod it! :)

:LOL: ... Wondered when you would show up Ali... :D ... and asking that predictable q too... :cautious:

Still fondling and caressing the sexy little minx... :naughty:

My boy (Dalton... ;)) has taken more pics than I have with it but I will get there though... ;)

Well, I'll have one of those slinky brown bags with two silver boxes arriving tomorrow.... I'd like to thank all of you for reaffirming my need to spend it like I stole it...

Anyway, if you're looking for Leica inspiration or just a damn fine way to while away an hour or so, then might I suggest taking a gander at www.magnumphotos.com ! I'm sure you've hit the site many times, but every time I want to see photography as history, I head on over there. Current favourites include Alec Soth and Abbas, but there's this fella called Cartier-Bresson that seems handy with a rangefinder...

Hey... :eek: ... join the fastest growing club on TP Dan... :D ... good for you and :welcome: ... :LOL:

Will check that linky out shortly thanx... (y)

Hey... :eek: ... join the fastest growing club on TP Dan... :D ... good for you and :welcome: ... :LOL:

Will check that linky out shortly thanx... (y)

...there's this fella called Cartier-Bresson that seems handy with a rangefinder...

Just think how much better he'd have been with AF. Would have got loads more keepers :D

Heeelp meeee!!!! The Leica has been calling me for aggesss now :(
I may succumb and breakdown sooon. Please no one let me see some on fleabay.

Been after a p+s journo style for a while now. And they are kings!

Hope all you guys and gals are enjoying yours...

Do you have to learn a funny handshake when you get one? Or wear one trouser leg up higher?

:LOL:

Heeelp meeee!!!! The Leica has been calling me for aggesss now :(
I may succumb and breakdown sooon. Please no one let me see some on fleabay.

Been after a p+s journo style for a while now. And they are kings!

Hope all you guys and gals are enjoying yours...

Do you have to learn a funny handshake when you get one? Or wear one trouser leg up higher?

:LOL:

You are clearly beyond help already... :cautious: ... just go get one... :naughty:

You can have all the funny shakes and loopy legs you want... :shrug: ... it's a new club and the rules are there to be made... :D

That was a good read. :LOL:

Why can't you guys just have a little more self control - be more restrained like what I am? :shrug:

You can have all the funny shakes and loopy legs you want... :shrug: ... it's a new club and the rules are there to be made... :D

Sweeeeet! Can I be in charge of the clubs nuances and cough *historical* practices??

I feel a TP Spawn group coming here :LOL:

That was a good read. :LOL:

Why can't you guys just have a little more self control - be more restrained like what I am? :shrug:

Your self control is legendary CT, Hasselblad last time was it not? :D

Besides you have your Contax to keep you warm at night.

Looks a lovely little camera, I'm seriously wavering. Will I get admiring looks from bystanders thinking that I am a real photographer at last? (or is it too small to notice) :)

Looks a lovely little camera, I'm seriously wavering. Will I get admiring looks from bystanders thinking that I am a real photographer at last? (or is it too small to notice) :)

It's not the size of the camera that counts... :cautious: ... that little red dot stands out magnificently well beyond it's apparent tiny size... :naughty:

Believe me it will be noticed... :cautious: ... especially by life's undesirables so hold on tight... :shrug:

Your self control is legendary CT, Hasselblad last time was it not? :D

Besides you have your Contax to keep you warm at night.

What exactly do you folks do with your toys at night :cautious:

:naughty:

I've joined the club, can I have details of the secret handshake now please!
Hope you like one of my first piccys.

showphoto.php
[/url][/IMG]

It could have a hundred little red dots on it, but without a viewfinder I wouldn't want one.

Viewfinders rule.

It could have a hundred little red dots on it, but without a viewfinder I wouldn't want one.

Viewfinders rule.

A viewfinder wouldn't help much with a close up like that butterfly, but they certainly have their uses. Presumably that is why Leica makes one for it.

:LOL::LOL::LOL:
You'd better start saving ....You gotta buy now ,coz they've made it specially for you ;)

:LOL::LOL::LOL:
You'd better start saving ....You gotta buy now ,coz they've made it specially for you ;)

Yeah don't I know it... :annoyed: ... but they coulda told me before I got the Black one... :cautious:

:naughty: ... Anyone wanna buy a few months old, hardly used, mint D-Lux 4 boxed and in Black... :shrug: ... :D

Great flame war!
Fact is, it's an excellent little camera - with or without the famous red dot.

Back